Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 4145 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
516 Posts
Battlesnake

I can't offer any better info than the suppositions of qstarin. Likely to be ok until proven otherwise. Piggybacking in nearly all other vehicles often doesn't lead to any adverse effect for auto transmissions.
And I can say with a good deal of certainty, with the possible exception of the last two or three model years, that the ECUs in a 4EAT & 5MT of the same year are 100% interchangeable.

·
Registered
MY05 Impreza 2.5RS Aqua blue M
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Keith

90% of your kit is packed, I am waiting on the belts to arrive, I collected the last locally available belt about 1hr ago which I am putting into a kit for our Melbourne customer.

5PK1490 is the size - Can send your kit out on Friday this week if you don't want to wait for a belt. Let me know

·
Registered
362 Posts
Quick question

Have you monitored the EGTs with the stock Cams? (I own a 02 2.5RS)

I would hope it didn't go above 1400 degrees :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
With AFR's of 11.9 I would seriously doubt any temp close to that, I haven't measured it and never have on any system we have manufactured for any model of vehicle. Our kits on any brand to date are very much known for total reliability, as said before ---- unless the Subaru is totally flimsy it should be fine. I completed 500km of travel at the higher end of the speedometer on an hour after hour basis last week without problem in very hot conditions, problems normally show up very fast under those conditions!

Stock cams are the least of my worries, would only be concerned with higher cylinder temps of aftermarket cams where cylinder pressure is increased.

·
Registered
RS Impreza Hatch MY05 Silver
93 Posts
tim
i diconnected the new ecu and patch loom and pluged in orignal ecu as normal, i went for a drive and the fuel problem went, i went through the wiring and it checked out fine, i think it might need a tune wat are you thoughts

Andrew

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Andrew

No problem, so far I recall you installed the pump and the problem started? Email with all the details so I can get my head around it all again.

The computer does contain a tune for charging but not the correct one, if you can connect to it wipe all the maps to zero and she should be fine

·
Registered
2006 2.5i San Remo Red SC
1,214 Posts
I to am intrested with this kit for the 06+ eagle eyes..with avls or the like..with more HP from that alone gains might be really good but how well does bolting in a kit for MY06 work in regards to ECU as say an MY05 its very different. Either way let me know when I can place my order for it money is on hand always for my Subby and rather go SC than TC....kinda keeps it N/A or closer to it..no worries of boosting spikes like a turbo which can be a killer for a N/A caplication. Plus when my motor blows which it shouldn't with the kit change oil every 3500 with Royal Purple..I'll throw in some forged pistons and rods...but right now I have 13000 miles on my baby so I don't see that happening anytime soon...I'd look into the intercooled kit aswell. Let us know about the MY06 there are plenty waiting to to REP your product aswell as other year models Tradewinds.....oh I'm in the Virgin Islands so hope shipping won't be a problem from aussie town...

·
Registered
07 2.5i RA-T. 07 Forester
963 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^+1 . . . . Again for MY07 would be grrrrrrrrr8!!! I love the idea and reliability of a SC application.

Also, Tradewind, I already have a SMT PP6 piggyback, so, could this be used in placement of the piggyback with the kit?!

·
Registered
05' Silver RS
686 Posts
Hey 05's first buddy! lol So is the IC kit a top or front mount, I'm hoping for a front mount because I like my scoopless hood.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS wagon
246 Posts
Hey 05's first buddy! lol So is the IC kit a top or front mount, I'm hoping for a front mount because I like my scoopless hood.
the kit with intercooler is water to air, so it has one radiator to take heat from the intake (in the place of a top mount IC), and that has water pipes to the second radiator, to get rid of that heat: you can put that wherever you want thats cool, i think the plan is in front of the standard radiator

otherwise you're welcome to arrange your own front mount IC ;)

·
Registered
04 Legacy
174 Posts
Keith

90% of your kit is packed, I am waiting on the belts to arrive, I collected the last locally available belt about 1hr ago which I am putting into a kit for our Melbourne customer.

5PK1490 is the size - Can send your kit out on Friday this week if you don't want to wait for a belt. Let me know
Tim, please send me the kit with the belt when you get it. I can't find stock of the belt right now. Only the 5pk1480 but i'm sure it'l be too short.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
Forester007

You have it almost correct, Raptor supplied a supercharger only, Reaper's owner did what everyone else has tried to do, put a kit together that worked. He supplied/made all his own bits but alas in the end not successful for him.

Scoopless hoods will be the way it it is with the Raptor intercooler kits, water to air intercoolers, these scoopless Scoobs will be the new terror of the roads! Who is gonna be expecting a stocky to go so hard hey?? :burnout:

·
Registered
07 2.5i RA-T. 07 Forester
963 Posts
I to am intrested with this kit for the 06+ eagle eyes..with avls or the like...I'd look into the intercooled kit aswell. Let us know about the MY06
^^^^^^^^^^^^+1 . . . . Again for MY07 would be grrrrrrrrr8!!! I love the idea and reliability of a SC application.

Also, Tradewind, I already have a SMT PP6 piggyback, so, could this be used in placement of the piggyback with the kit?!
Bumpity bump bump!!:bump:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

So, do I understand correctly that you already have an SMT6 wired to your MY07 2.5i?

If so i can surely supply you a charger kit ......... needs a few changes but have arleady investigated this.

let me know

·
Registered
1999, 2.5RS, Blue
44 Posts

So, do I understand correctly that you already have an SMT6 wired to your MY07 2.5i?

If so i can surely supply you a charger kit ......... needs a few changes but have arleady investigated this.

let me know

Hi Trade,
I have an e-manage Ultimate and a Ultra safeguard wired to my ECU, too.
I'm soooo ready for your SC kit! But GC type kit is till under develop, correct?
And my 99'RS is MAF version....

·
Registered
362 Posts
is there a way to only purchase the s/c, bracket,pulley, and injectors?

I would like to make my own piping and i may end up using the megasquirt as a fuel solution.

101 - 120 of 4145 Posts