Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 4145 Posts

·
Registered
MY05 Impreza 2.5RS Aqua blue M
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
02RS keithie

Nope, nothing at all on the higher boost and cooling yet, this will come soon as I can get to it. Mate, seriously ........ the first stage is a hoot to drive and am putting heaps of km's on it. Did some range driving last night (mountain style driving) and it just doesn't give up when going upwards, very impressive little motor with the boost on it.

Elvis C

E is correct in what he says, all applies to this kit on the EJ25.

Legacy

In all the years of boosting factory engines I have never had a problem with any internal component when the boost level was correct for the engine design and tuning perfect. The Subaru crank will be just fine especially since the torque is being delivered at plenty of RPM. Just remember, TCing is very hard on engines and there have been TC kits around for this motor for some years. Centrifugal supercharger is the most gentle form of boosting ANY engine. Any bottom end issue will relate to poor servicing or poor quality lubricants, they just don't fail otherwise - not with the way we supply our kits.

·
Registered
MY06 GD9 EJ201 SOHC
94 Posts
Powerchip have given up on the 2.0i ECU Pinout challenge. they just told me to return the piggyback ecu and they will give me a full refund. kind of sad, but just means this supercharger kit is definately on my list once its been developed for the my06 2.0i!....no more 2nd gear going up slight inclines please!!!

money is always ready to go! awaiting on you Tim my good man! hehe...

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey lonely driver, i guess u and i are on the same boat..

i got a MY06 2.5i.. i think our engine tuning is different because they say we got some AVLS timing thing in our engines. I hope we can have a kit for our year models too. :stafiseiz

·
Registered
MY06 GD9 EJ201 SOHC
94 Posts
regards to engine tuning, i believe they used the same as previous australian model imprezas with the ej201 engine, as mine is also ej201. however, my my06 2.0i has a different ECU, and PC were not able to attain the correct pinout for me. however they did say its something they will work on and should have for the near future.

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester Black/Gra
583 Posts
ya heres to hoping that it'll work with

- iAVLS
- 4EAT (I know its lame but i just put in a stiffer mount bushing and its a lot better)
LAME?? WTF fastest Subaru is a Auto. I beat a 5sp 2.5i with my auto Forester.:banana: Your cars got AVLS, just got to work with it to get full advantage out of it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Today we put in a fair effort to get the 2nd generation brackets all completed, tested for fit and ready to pack for customers.

I am extremely happy with the outcome, all the clearance issues have been addressed to perfection, looks the shizz too!

Did a little bit max speed testing today and first to recall the past results:

Stock we had 127mph/205kmh and I needed a lot of distance to eke out those last few km/mph, I used up 2 large straight sections of road each about 2km in length and going in with a high starting speed.

Today another check on this, very poor weather conditions, very humid and reasonably hot, car felt doughy as they do in this kind of weather. Anyhow the new bracket etc was on and a run to check it was needed. I was only using a short stretch (private) of road around 2km in total length and accelerating up to say 160kmh then just ease it out to the max. This gave me heaps of room.

The result is that it will redline and go off the end of the speedometer quite easily, with 227kmh or 141mph, still with only 5.2psi. There is no apparent effort happening as it just winds around in not too much distance at all. It is a clear indication of the power increase that was measured on the dyno.

I think with a small amount of extra boost, the intercooling and tune to suit we will be close to 150mph, pretty amazing for the completely stock appearing RS!!

Even a 2.0 liter is going to go very well with this system.

Have some more photos but not in a hurry to put them up ......... yet.

·
Registered
08 2.5i
25 Posts
LAME?? WTF fastest Subaru is a Auto. I beat a 5sp 2.5i with my auto Forester.:banana: Your cars got AVLS, just got to work with it to get full advantage out of it.
I know it shifts pretty damn fast (again, stiffer mount bushing helps a ton), but it sucks to take a turn and end up in third gear going like 30... if all i cared about was straight line performance and daily driving, I'd take the 4EAT hands down.

Tradewind: will it work with AVLS (06-09 have it) and 4EAT (everyones got it)

·
Registered
01 legacy
41 Posts
battle and forester i saw that they make push button shifters for auto subarus they were on xcceleration.com they were more money for impezas but that site is expensive any way

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester Black/Gra
583 Posts
battle and forester i saw that they make push button shifters for auto subarus they were on xcceleration.com they were more money for impezas but that site is expensive any way
Yeah I have seen them, they got a good one at IPT, http://www.ipttrans.com/subaruauto.shtml#main. I manage to control my overdrive, I have studied the way the 4eat works real good. How wonderful will it be the power of Overdrive with this Supercharger kit. Should be amazing.

·
Registered
RS Impreza Hatch MY05 Silver
93 Posts
tradewind
i fittered up my ecu and it runs perfect, also fittered up the new cluster with the 2 pods for 2 extra gaugers fittered up really and gaugers look really good
all the best in the new year have a drink on me chat to you soon enjoy

Andrew

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
mprsya

Mate thats great to hear, you are the first customer to try it and seems its all go for you!

All my best wishes to you for the New Year as well

Now for the Water to Air intercooler system images (I don't have the system finished yet but here is a shot)

·
Registered
07 2.5i RA-T. 07 Forester
963 Posts
Subscribed . . . .

Will this work on MY07 2.5i? I know it'd work on our 03 but I'm wondering about my new impreza too.
Thanks and this looks promising because I love the instant power of my n/a!
I still haven't seen any answers for the ACVLS TCsystems working on 06+

·
Registered
07 2.5i RA-T. 07 Forester
963 Posts
that would be badass hearing a forester with a supercharger whining down the road!
Effin' right it would!! I'd love to put this on our 03X and school everyone in our gear wagon! My fiance would be lovin it . . . . .Hmmmmm . . . wedding present idea from me to me (and her)!!:naughty:

61 - 80 of 4145 Posts