Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 4145 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
yeah i'm curious about this too, what if i had my own wrx compatible top mount (i'm aussie), would this be a problem to fit to your system... it should just be some basic custom piping right ?

got a photo of your intercooled system handy + a bit more detailed dyno chart photo ? i can't make anything out on it :/

·
Registered
MY05 Impreza 2.5RS Aqua blue M
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Vicious

yes i think you could hook up the WRX cooler, from what I know of our system and the WRX the 2 should go together like hand in glove.

Our WTA system will be much more powerful in stop go traffic as the air to air WRX type will go quite dead with hot air rising through it. Out on the highway it will be a winner tho.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Davey

You must have missed the post by myprysa on the other Aussieland SC thread about this? He already has his FMIC installed, the SC system goes on next

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

Another year come and gone, plenty good times were had, plenty fun getting to know our RS also.

We thank all those who bought products from us and even others who continue to daily support us in the forums.

Our wish is that you all have a Merry Christmas and the best new year.

Drive safely, see you here again sometime!

·
Registered
362 Posts
^^^You should probably take a look at his original thread all these questions are answered in there.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86819
The piggyback computer is on the way I hope ......... being manufactured as we speak.
The injectors have a LOT of range left to go yet, so the entire fuel system is handling this like easy.
Do you know the stock injector size? Since I really wouldn't want the injector duty cycle to go above 80%. If anything I would actually recommend welding injector bungs into each runner of the intake manifold and then splitting it with a 4 way fuel block.

This is my first time messing with H Engines but I have boosted an Ecotec Before (04 Saturn ION ... lulz) Here's an unedited video of the stupid car on a mustang dyno pushing 195WHP of fail http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3846485094153479287&hl=en
and the thread http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/18396-went-mustang-dyno-sadness.html

Also wouldn't there be a code thrown due to the fast MAP rate for different throttle positions? Like for example once the S/C starts to spool the ECU will only see 1 bar max BUT at say 25% throttle the MAP reads 88kpa when it normally reads 65kpa (N/A) my old saturn threw this code when i boosted it. (Some sort of MAP High / MAP Low Code)

Just wondering if Raptor has experienced this yet in their setup

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
516 Posts
I may be wrong (hope I'm not), but I thought this would work for a GC-type. I am under the impression that it would work for the 00 & 01 RS's - EJ251, MAP based, 3 plug ECU - even though their development car is an '05?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
516 Posts
It works for all our MAP impreza's! And i believe he is working on something for the GC chassis!
I don't think there will be many changes at all, either. Most of what the SC system would need to mount to would be on the engine, which wouldn't have changed from GC to GD NA EJ25-series Imprezas.

·
Registered
MY99 Impreza RX 2.0L
295 Posts
The GC kit should be ready by early Jan - My car is being used as the template for the new mounting bracket, so hang on all you GC owners, it's just a matter of time :)

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester Black/Gra
583 Posts
I see it says 10 psi is warranty limit. and up to 14 psi but without warranty. If we buy this kit can we raise the psi ourselves or we have to buy a pulley or something?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Do you know the stock injector size? Since I really wouldn't want the injector duty cycle to go above 80%. If anything I would actually recommend welding injector bungs into each runner of the intake manifold and then splitting it with a 4 way fuel block.

This is my first time messing with H Engines but I have boosted an Ecotec Before (04 Saturn ION ... lulz) Here's an unedited video of the stupid car on a mustang dyno pushing 195WHP of fail http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...53479287&hl=en
and the thread http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...o-sadness.html

Also wouldn't there be a code thrown due to the fast MAP rate for different throttle positions? Like for example once the S/C starts to spool the ECU will only see 1 bar max BUT at say 25% throttle the MAP reads 88kpa when it normally reads 65kpa (N/A) my old saturn threw this code when i boosted it. (Some sort of MAP High / MAP Low Code)

Just wondering if Raptor
The injector duty cycle, I cannot remember, I will go into the ProSequential software sometime and check it for you. The answer right now without looking, there is WAY more fuelling capacity there than we can use at the moment. The only issue I have noticed was during hard cornering with 1/4 tank of fuel, the fuel sloshes away from the pick up and pump runs dry. This will be normal for this model car and is something people need to keep an eye on if driving the car hard.

To those people wondering about 5th injectors - Raptor SC does not do 5th injector style fuel systems, its either correct sized injectors with ECU management or nothing.

21 - 40 of 4145 Posts