Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 impreza coupe, 03 WRX wagon
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I dont have either car here with me to check compatability, I have a bugeye 2.5rs project car at my friends house and my daily driver a gc impreza. So Im looking on ebay again...

They have a replica sti bar for the 02-07, it looks identical to the carbon bar that I would love to get for my gc but cant currently afford. I currently have one of the red "jdm" strut tower bars on the gc now, I put it on for the hell of it after removing the top mount intake (winterizing the car) because the red bar does not fit with the intake.

Im thinking if the bars are interchangeable I can donate the red bar to the 2.5rs build and install the sti replica bar to fit around the top mount intake come springtime. If it wasnt for the 20* (+/-) weather and the coming snowstorm I would just head to my friends house to check and see if the red bar matches the bugeye. I dont currently have the option so I ask those with more knowledge than myself.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
GC top strut bar will not fit GD(vice versa,) I have both cars. It's rotated about 15 degrees on the stud/mount is the reason.

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
so if you drill holes on the strut tower bar, it'd work then?

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
Well, I knew about the top hats, just didn't know the distance between the strut mounts were the same length or not.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:puppy_dog but... but.... but..... I want it :(

Not too keen on drilling new mount holes in a brand new tower bar. Even if it is only $32

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Well, I knew about the top hats, just didn't know the distance between the strut mounts were the same length or not.
You're partially correct, GD sedan would be too long and not compatible but wagon GD has same width as GC.

·
Registered
'99 BDP Impreza RS
1,270 Posts
I have an 03 WRX rear swaybar in my car and it fits just fine. :confused:

Edit: ahh I think you meant GD sedan vs wagon, I believe those are different.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have STi strut bar if you want it.
I appreciate it but Im pretty well broke thats why I was hoping the $32 replica fit

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
I have an 03 WRX rear swaybar in my car and it fits just fine. :confused:

Edit: ahh I think you meant GD sedan vs wagon, I believe those are different.
Yes, wagon GD WRX shares same wheel track width as GC, parts will fit but not GD sedan has wider track width.

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but if you're pretty well broke, they why buy a strut tower bar?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts