Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GD crossmember with GC control arms. As some of you may know, the GC bushings on the control arm that mounts to the crossmember is narrower than the GD bushing. Therefore they must me shimmed with washers.

I don't feel completely comfortable with that set up, which brings me to making this thread. If I were to buy GD bushings, can I press them into my GC control arms?

·
Registered
Y2K GM6 & 65 'Stang Fastback
816 Posts
I just bought a GD Hyperflex kit and the GD bushings will go right into the GC. They were a little tight but worked, so they might go in like butter on the GD crossmember!

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,280 Posts
How did you get the front control arm front bushings to fit? Supposedly they changed in 98? and are longer. I wanted to get poly bushings for my front control arms but they list them as 98-05. What changed on the front control arm in 98 that would make the bushings not work? I thought 93-01 non-turbo imprezas had the same exact crossmember and control arm measurements.

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,875 Posts
I dont think they changed. They should all be the same. I have a 95 and I am using the same part as a 2000 imp for the front control arm bushing. It fit no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts