· Registered
Family 4door
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally:
95L with oem single pot fronts / drum rears

Currently:
Stoptech 4piston 13" rotors kit / 2pot rears

....stock 95L master cylinder & brake booster = NO pedal pressure whatsoever!

FTL

I have access to a few wrecked GD WRX's and was wondering if there is any difference between the WRX and STI brake booster. I tried searching on this subject but no real certain answers. I'm assuming they didn't change the MC and BB on the 06 WRX with the 4pot/2pots...and if thats the case, then is it safe to assume a 02-04 WRX MC and BB will do??

· Registered
99 WRB GC V9 Spec C RA recce
1,057 Posts
I replied at your thread on nasioc, but something just crossed my mind.... if your car is non-abs then you have 4 port MC now, and STI/WRX is 2 port, so you will have to get creative with custom lines

· Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,970 Posts
I replied at your thread on nasioc, but something just crossed my mind.... if your car is non-abs then you have 4 port MC now, and STI/WRX is 2 port, so you will have to get creative with custom lines
He would have disc out back if he had ABS and AWD that was part of the active safety package.

You could get the MC off of a non ABS SVX.

· Registered
Family 4door
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Working on the car, I verified that the SVX nonabs is 1 1/16 MC piston size...the same size as the WRX and STI. The dinky 15/16 L MC is going in the garbage. ALSO, the brake booster from the WRX is 2x the thickness as my L. Its FAT. I'm worried it may not fit, but I think this mod has been done with other GC's before. I'll post up results tonight or tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.