Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i posted in my photo gallery thread, but thought it shoudl go here for all that requested it:

alright VIDEO DISCLAIMER:

this is not a good video. you cant tell how quick the car actually is. i guess just try to see what gear i am in and keep track. i dont condone it, but abotu a minute in on the highway i take it from 80 to 150 in jsut 6th gear. it looks like im doing 65. lame. i pull into a parkign lot in low 3rd, it looks liek 2nd or 1s even. this is not a video of me thinking i am cool. its jsut becasue i got some requests here and on IWSTI.com for it. you can at least see how it sounds.
also, the quality sucks cause i didnt want to upload a 200mb file. and there is at least 30 seconds where i just had to keep the camera on for a second so it diddnt shut off automatically. i cant reach the power button to turn it back on.

tell me if you have a problem with it loading.

here: vid

my photos/mods thread

·
Registered
1999 SUBARU IMPREZA RSTI EJ20K
2,628 Posts
sounds agg as fuck dono waht ur talking about seems like ur going fast just listen to the engine reving and the car bouncing

·
Registered
'01 BRP Coupe
336 Posts
I know what you mean with the not looking as fast as you're actually going part.
That having been said, your car looks fast as shit in this video, especially at the very end, you get through fourth gear in the blink of an eye! I can only imagine what your car is like in real life.

Also, the fact that you think this video does not do justice to what your car sounds like is frightening.

In other words, your car KICKS ASS.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eric d: its a standard I/O PORT camera mount for a roll cage. it adjusts in three axis (or 4) and cost about $80. you can get if from any mildly good racing supply store. it has as urethane isolator mount on it.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tomimoto: are you using a MAC. for some reason thats exactly what it did on my mac last night. at the same time, it worked on my PC fine. dont knwo how to fix that.

everyone else: thanks for the comments. i guess its just way different when driving. its a really fun car. the video its just seems hard to grasp speed cause its jsut pointed straight ahead. i talked with someone last night baout doing something out side of the car on track. im lookin forward to it.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah unfortuanatly i dont know what to say. i jsut tried it on my PC at work and its fine. so it must be a YouTube thing. thanks though. sorry.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sleepiesubie page up a little to post #10, i posted some info on it. thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts