Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.5 rs Rally Blue Pearl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i bought this car on christmas and have been up and down it fixing issues since then.

03WRX swap
tgv delete
Turbo back exhaust
Sti pinks
some various braces etc
unknown installer no previous history at all
i was told that the PO "had difficulty" getting the accesport to upload a tune and suspect that he may have hard tapped the ecu to install a stage 2 tune
when i got the car the obd port was pinned incorrectly
there were some small harness issues (ie loose connectors etc)
I got it with bad coil packs swapped them out
I replaced the plugs with denso ik22 iridium plugs
Did a GM top engine clean
secured all vacuum lines/boost fittings properly
Recirc was BOV'd so i re secured it
cleaned grounds
installed new motor mounts
corrected the timing as i found out that the pass bank exhaust cam was approx 3 teeth off/new timing belt and all the bells and whistles
as soon as i replaced the timing belt at first start i got a p1507 and nothing else. i have a 5k redline in first gear and last night during a corner it happened in 2nd as well. Im told with the p1507 im in limp mode but my car doesnt seem to be lacking power but then again i havent had it right since i got it.
i cleaned and recleaned the IAC hasnt made a difference yet.
tonight i got a p0108 and a p0508(i think from unplugging the IAC)
I cannot remove the tune with the Accesport or Get it to register on a computer, however i can realtime flash and view live data.
car at idle bounces in and out of closed loop from 1000 to 1200 when warm
have a wicked "dead spot in my throttle at low load and then it just kindof pops like its skipping to mid range load and wants to take off.
i cannot permanently change maps and if i try to i choose the map and then it suddenly can't talk to the ecu anymore.
thats every thing i can think of right now. ANY and all help/knowlege is appreciated as i am still learning about subarus everyday.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
A. Connections in your OBDII port are wonky..

B. If you dont have the AP you cant un-marry the ECU its locked and you need a different ECU..

If you have a tactrix cable you can opensource tune from that point..

The 03.. is it a MAF car? Because the limp mode can be set by a bad MAF easily.. clearing the codes is simple as pulling the neg batt terminal and tapping the brake a few seconds..
After you UNLEARN ths car by clearing the memory you REALLY need to start the car and let it idle untill the fans cycle.. (sets fuel trims) without touching the gas..

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the accessport and it is a maf car. i tried to undo the negative and tap the brakes. the p1507 didnt go away. i have cleaned the maf. it seems to be giving a reading even with the car off tho so i would assume i need a new one? i repinned the obd port and everything works fine with all other scanners.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
Might be your TGV delete, i think the CEL from that can only be cured with a protune. Are the motors/ sensors in place still or is it still gutted. the CEL from those would send the car in limp mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its gutted and i believe theyre all welded up etc. no sensors though. unfortunately another PO mod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts