Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello RS25 peeps, I'm Ryan (@rumbledude on IG) . This is my current build: Widebody 4dr sedan RSTi.

It all began when:
I bought this (clean title) 2000 2.5 RS last year for $900 off of craigslist. Had a few dings, automatic transmission, zero rust. Owner said it was overheating or something; turned out to be the HVAC hoses.

Original plan was to keep the GC clean and stock, but you know how that goes.

My widebody kit is pieced together from multiple manufacturers, not ideal but I like how it's coming together.
WIDEBODY KIT DETAILS:
  • L'aunsport S6 WRC front bumper.
  • 6overcrest Rallysport ~64mm front over fenders.
  • ABW 60mm rear arches/ rear door covers.
The plan:
CREDIT TO THE CREATOR.

I recently obtained a salvaged 2004 STi as my donor car. Removed drivetrain, Brembo's, and all of the other goodies it came with.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Harvesting the 2004 STi harness to send to iWire.

Front over fenders are moulded and primed. (Notice we had to cut/release stress points on the front bumper to accommodate the widebody.)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza (Awaiting Swap)
764 Posts
Good luck dude! I have a 2000 RSTi Sedan thats been a project for years. Was in college when I started it, graduated and moved, lost track of time and the car has just sat.... But Im getting the itch again.

I like that sedan widebody kit still utilizes the rear door handles. I need to tackle rust and I might end up going this route. Did you cut out the metal under neath? Or just attach the kit to the original body?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck dude! I have a 2000 RSTi Sedan thats been a project for years. Was in college when I started it, graduated and moved, lost track of time and the car has just sat.... But Im getting the itch again.

I like that sedan widebody kit still utilizes the rear door handles. I need to tackle rust and I might end up going this route. Did you cut out the metal under neath? Or just attach the kit to the original body?
I did not end up cutting the rear arch panels off, just sealed and primed on them to prevent rust incase anything happens. I think we chose to not cut the rear because this build isn’t really about ultimate weight reduction or anything so what was the point.
We tapped into the body with screws to set the shape, and used panel bond to adhere them to the freshly sanded down bare-metal body.

·
Registered
'00 RS / V5 STI
599 Posts
Guh. I wish I had painted my shell when I had it at that point.

Excited to see the outcome!

-TC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts