Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
09 Forester
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
alright, so all i can seem to find is GD-->GC suspension swaps, and cant seem to find what im looking for.

basically, another user on here has a set of H&R Sport springs, but theyre meant for a GC. how different are the struts? i dont think GC springs (H&R Sports keep in mind) will fit on GD struts? i plan on running KYB AGX's. could i run GC KYB AGX's, with the GC H&Rs? has anyone done this? any insight? id suspect running the full GC setup on a GD (aftermarket keep in mind) it may ride lower or something?

any tips would be cool thanks

·
Registered
96LX-RIP. 98 Forester L
548 Posts
Im guessing you have an 02?
The only part that doesnt match up when going from a GC to a GD suspension is the rear top hats, but you wont have that problem because i belive its only after 04
I have 04 springs on my GC struts and I had to drill holes for the rear top hats to work
I would suggest getting spring and struts made for your year because of the difference in weight of the cars so it wont be balanced

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,936 Posts
alright, so all i can seem to find is GD-->GC suspension swaps, and cant seem to find what im looking for.

basically, another user on here has a set of H&R Sport springs, but theyre meant for a GC. how different are the struts? i plan on running KYB AGX's. could i run GC KYB AGX's, with the GC H&Rs? has anyone done this? any insight? id suspect running the full GC setup on a GD (aftermarket keep in mind) it may ride lower or something?

any tips would be cool thanks
GC struts w/ GC springs?!?!?! That's just madness!:rolleyes4

And if you can't find info anywhere it's probably b/c it's not a good idea to put springs meant for a lighter car on a heavier car...

·
Registered
09 Forester
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Im guessing you have an 02?
The only part that doesnt match up when going from a GC to a GD suspension is the rear top hats, but you wont have that problem because i belive its only after 04
I have 04 springs on my GC struts and I had to drill holes for the rear top hats to work
I would suggest getting spring and struts made for your year because of the difference in weight of the cars so it wont be balanced
yea i have an 02..shoulda specified. haha and i hear ya there. my dad can get discounts on them too (yay for repair shop owner!! ;) ) but if they fit id help out the guy on here. if its that much of a hassle though, its not worth it. haha

GC struts w/ GC springs?!?!?! That's just madness!

And if you can't find info anywhere it's probably b/c it's not a good idea to put springs meant for a lighter car on a heavier car...
well people use GD on GC (of course thats stuff meant for heavy cars on light cars lol) i was just curious as to how well/if it would work. and its not just swapping the springs, plus aftermarket has stiffer springs either way, not like swapping stock stuff. i didnt think it would, but just wanted to clarify. plus if anyone else wonders this and searches, theyll know now ;)

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
Thinking about it, GD suspension on GC makes sense, but not the other way around...
even if you were gonna seriously jenny craig her, Samii probably wouldn't be very happy !

·
Registered
09 Forester
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GC struts w/ GC springs?!?!?! That's just madness!:rolleyes4

Thinking about it, GD suspension on GC makes sense, but not the other way around...
even if you were gonna seriously jenny craig her, Samii probably wouldn't be very happy !
lmao jenny craig :lol: yea im just gonna stick with stuff meant for my car. im sure somebody will pick those springs up off you quick. post em in the classifieds! i sold a set of OEM mudflaps in 2 hours on here! lol

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,816 Posts
RCE yellows for GD. You'll be happy.
This.

GC rated parts are ment for a lighter car. GD fitment is what you want. Don't compromise. The GC springs and struts would go right in with your GD too hats but again no point in sacrificing performance.

·
Registered
09 Forester
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This.

GC rated parts are ment for a lighter car. GD fitment is what you want. Don't compromise. The GC springs and struts would go right in with your GD too hats but again no point in sacrificing performance.
RCEs are a little stiff...don't really wanna go over 250lbs/in and the H&Rs are 196/F 186/R. sounds perfect to me....

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,273 Posts
RCEs are a little stiff...don't really wanna go over 250lbs/in and the H&Rs are 196/F 186/R. sounds perfect to me....
then why don't you just put in stock STi springs? They are a little over 200lb/in. Get a ride on a STi. RCE yellows are not that stiff. Leave your car stock........

P.s. I only run 670lb/in rates on my coilovers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.