Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
06' Leg Spec B - No more RS :(
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my new P1 springs and KYB AGXs in and I am planning on doing a USDM sti swap with tranny axles rear diff and brembos. Now the only way I can still use my current suspension set up is if I go 04'? and why wont the 05+ fit just curious to what the differences are. I know that they changed the knuckle to a bigger bolt pattern. but not sure abOOt the rest.

· Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,278 Posts
If I am correct, your struts will still bolt onto the '05+ spindles/knuckes.
I am using all JDM front/rear spindle/knuckle from a JDM '04 STi and it bolts right upto my BC Coilovers no problem. The JDM STi runs steel control arms. Spec C's run aluminum. They are different ball joints. I didn't have to change out the ball joint because it came off a STi. I am using my Impreza L steel control arms. The rears are bolted onto my Impreza L lateral/trailing arms. I have the everything from flywheel out to the brembos, JDM '04 STi 6spd.

· Registered
2006 WRX
567 Posts
The bolt pattern where the strut mounts to the knuckle is different between the 5x100 and 5x114.3 cars. The front top hats from the STI will work, the rear top hats will need to be swapped to the 90-91 legacy top hats if you are using 04+ springs on the STI struts.

I was told by Keener2.5 that you need to use the RS control arms and lateral links (or something similar) or else you will get serious wheel rub issues and have problems with your suspension geometry. Even then, you may have to roll the fenders and/or switch to coilovers so you don't get rubbing issues. I can let you know soon since my swap is almost complete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.