Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 L Sedan
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I'm new here (hi!) but I've spent an hour or so using the search and while there seem to be alot of unanswered threads, and a whole bunch dealing with just front seat swaps or swapping GD parts into a GC, I don't see much about simple colour-swaps or just swapping bits here and there.

I'm looking at buying an early-90s Impreza, and it comes with a horrible-looking tan interior. So what I want to ask is: were there black or grey interiors in that early-model year range, or would interior parts from a later GC swap in without trouble?

For example, if I wanted to swap a later year center console in, would there be any fit conflicts around the dash?

Thanks for your help. :)

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,168 Posts
Search button search button search button!

But yes, a lot of interiors will work.

GC ones and GD ones. But you will need to change around wiring and some of the GD things don't fit as well a the GC things.

Like i said search button is your friend, there is TONS of info on this!

·
Registered
all the wagons
1,534 Posts
imprezas 93-97 have the older interior style then it switched to the rs style dash/doorcards for 98-01

all OBS have the grey interior but had some pretty funky patterns on the door cards and seats :lol:

i will have 4 grey door cards for sale pretty soon, to bad you aren't local.

good luck!

·
Registered
JDM Moneypit
599 Posts
A lot of guys usually have the 98-01 style dashes, however there are some that like to keep it original with what their car has. In my opinion, it really depends on what you have and what you plan on doing. I personally don't know how well a GD dash swap would go with the older 93-97 dash but I think you're better off staying more original. There's many early clusters and parts available on ebay and other sites for the original impreza bodystyle. However, in the end, it's honestly what you want to do and how much you want to spend. Reupholstering your interior will do wonders with some nice JDM seats.

·
Registered
'98 Impreza L 2.5swap
39 Posts
my 98 came with a mix of grey/brown, yuk! so i have been swapping black where i can, and flocking black what i cant, then adding some carbon fiber wrap to add accent!

if you want a black dash, i have one i will sell!

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
I swapped my 95 tan interior for a 97 grey/zebra one. No issues except that in the wagons, the rear speakers got moved from the strut towers to the rear doors, so I had to re-wire those (but that was super easy).

It's all in personal preferance as to which dash people go with. Some like the wrap-around style of the old cars, some like the RS one, just pick one ya like!

But yeah, it all just clips/bolts in the exact same spots, the exact same way so long as you dont try to mix 'n match the earlier and later ones (and *most* of the parts are still the same, except for the front door cards and dash)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.