Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 brp impreza reflashed
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 04 sti bbs (17x7.5 et53) today with nexen 225/45's and i think they're rubbing on the strut. I had a feeling this was going to happen. I figure any wheel spacer should take care of it, right? My 'OO rs is on stock shocks and springs.

My other question is, I've got agx's and the eibach prokit sitting around and I want to put the set-up on. I figure this would cause more severe rubbing on the strut from the 3/4" drop, though. Anybody have the same suspension set up with 04 bbs? It seems as though adding neg camber could make it worse. I think a spacer would work in this situation, but then it might rub on the fender. Anybody figure this out on their gc?

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
Had the same problem when I test fit my bbs. I'm just waiting for my coilovers to come through to fix the problem. I never really bothered finding a solution with the stock suspension.

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
dont was ur money on spacers... sell ur struts u have "sittin around" and but urself a set of coil overs .... wheel spacers are the ma fuckin devil... i work at a ship and saw a car that rolled three times cause the studs broke makein the rotor dig into the road sling shotting him into a guard rail and flippin over the gaurd rail..he was doin 110 or so ....

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
dont was ur money on spacers... sell ur struts u have "sittin around" and but urself a set of coil overs .... wheel spacers are the ma fuckin devil... i work at a ship and saw a car that rolled three times cause the studs broke makein the rotor dig into the road sling shotting him into a guard rail and flippin over the gaurd rail..he was doin 110 or so ....

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
:lol:

Don't waste your money on spacers. Sell your struts that you have sitting around and buy yourself a set of coilovers. Wheel spacers are the fuckin devil. I work at a shop and saw a car that rolled three times because the studs broke, making the rotor dig into the road. When the rotor dug into the ground, it acted as a slingshot and shot him up and over a guardrail. He was doing about 110mph or so.

Edit: I'm running 225/45/17 BBS rims as well, stock suspension, no issues.

·
Premium Member
2011 Impreza WRX
565 Posts
I have agx struts and I dont know what springs (got the car like that) and I'm running 215/45/17's on mine... no rubbing at all... pics in my journal if needed

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,279 Posts
Just swap your tires to RE070s or something with square sidewalls, or a tire with a section width of 9in or less.

With RE070s and stock struts, you'll have 1/8in of room between the tire and the strut and it will not rub.

RE960s also work w/o rubbing.

-- Dave

·
Registered
2017 WRB BRZ w/PP
1,739 Posts
I agree with Dave. I had RE070's for awhile and switched to Dunlap SS's and have only minimal rubbing in the rear under hard cornering. My suspension setup is AGX/P1's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.