Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm doing a little work now on trying to see what kind of prices I can for these from one of my suppliers, but here is the product

FUBA Roof antennas as seen on the JDM/UK Spec GF8 WRX wagons, VW's and others.

Here is what is included in the kit.

This is a post to gauge interest. Right now I can do about $65 shipped (there price minus shipping) but my goal is to be able to get them for $50-55 before we run this Group Buy. A minimum of 10 will be require to do this.

Please respond with your thoughts, questions, concers, and ideas.

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may be interested...I would prefer an antenna that would mount in the same position as the stock one.

Is there a block off plate for the original or will it have to be filled and painted? (02 model)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be interested...I would prefer an antenna that would mount in the same position as the stock one.
Can't help you with that one, unless you want to mount this on there (yuck) why would you want a different one in your stock location
Is there a block off plate for the original or will it have to be filled and painted? (02 model)
Nope, none that I know of. We could fab something up, but it wouldn't look as nice as getting a body shop to fill and re-spray (my plan) or just closing down your stock antenna and forgetting about it.

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just wanted something a little sleeker without having to fill and spray...
I like that second pic, that wagon has my rims...

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS 4-door silv
144 Posts
I'm interested!!

Let me knock the balance down on my CC first.
After that I'll take one!

·
Registered
16 Posts
count me in

count me in!!! I'm in on this. how are we going to run the antenna wires through the headliner of the wagons?? I can probably get another few people to sign up also. Keep me posted.

PJ

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Re: count me in

k2snow said:
how are we going to run the antenna wires through the headliner of the wagons??
You can run the coax from the mounting location up to your passenger or driver side A-pillar and drop it down there. Or you could drop it down on one of the B-pillars. I do this all day so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Buster

·
Registered
16 Posts
headliner questions??

Buster,

I plan on getting the new WRX rails and retrofitting them to my GF8 wagon. I am curious of the best way to remove the headliner so I can drill through my roof for the antenna and also for the WRX rails. Please reply.

Thank you,

PJ

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
I am in

I am in as well, I was going to get one either way so I would rather get it through you. Keep me posted.
Joshua

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Re: headliner questions??

k2snow said:
I plan on getting the new WRX rails and retrofitting them to my GF8 wagon.
Why retro fit WRX rails when the 1995 Impreza Outbacks came with the JDM style rails??

You can get all you need at your local dealership. Or contact sugar, I can get you her pricing info and if I remember too, I might head to the dealership and try to get a print out with part numbers.

I just obtained a set of WRX wagon roof rails for trial fit, on inital hold up.. they are way freaking long.

Jon

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
563 Posts
:drool:
Count me in...It will be a last exterior mod right before I repaint the car, BUT I will buy when they come in. Let me know!!! The $65 shipped sounds good! Thanks

-Joe

·
Registered
2005 LGT Wagon & 2004 FXT
44 Posts
Is this a true FUBA part with the amplifier in the base?

If so, How do we get power to the amplifier?

-Nathan

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
crash said:
Is this a true FUBA part with the amplifier in the base?

If so, How do we get power to the amplifier? -Nathan
Yes it is a true FUBA part, it's a FUBA antenna. You get power via running a wire.

Jon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts