Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 301 Posts

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,230 Posts
Put me down on the "Cluster" list.
There is actually a higher chance of me buying one of those, only because I have an OEM dash pod.
But, like I said, if the price is fair, and the quality is decent, both would be preferred for me.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
would you only be interested in the cluster bezel pod, or would you also be interested in the defi rep like mad rabbit's? The reason I ask is that people interested in both will get their name on both lists.
;) Mine isn't a replica. The replica could possibly be made from mine. I'm a little apprehensive about sending it in the mail to someone and never seeing it back, or it getting damaged in shipment. :(

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
;) Mine isn't a replica. The replica could possibly be made from mine. I'm a little apprehensive about sending it in the mail to someone and never seeing it back, or it getting damaged in shipment. :(
Yeah, i should have written "a replica of Mad Ra88it's." As far as damage insurance, I'm sure if a vendor picks up this project they'll insure it for the full $250 needed to purchase a new one.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yeah, i should have written "a replica of Mad Ra88it's." As far as damage insurance, I'm sure if a vendor picks up this project they'll insure it for the full $250 needed to purchase a new one.
The thing is... you can't buy them. You just plain can't. I've tried. I own 3 cars with the same dash, so I was looking to have a pod for each one.

Defi doesn't make them anymore, and *if* you magically find one.... point the 4 people that have PM'd me over the years towards the place that has them.

I had a shop that sells Defi's attempt to get get GC pod from Japan, guess what pod showed up? GD. :lol: When called to return it and get the GC one, it was explained that they are not in production any longer.

Sorry for the essay. :)

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
All the more reason to get a vendor making these here in the states for us. Can I assume that you would be interested as well if these did get made?

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
e bay ones are actually pretty decent quality. IMO.
That's good to know in case this falls through, but I'd much rather give my money to a member of our community here, in the states, than a Japanese company that's going to be an issue to deal with in the event of problems.

·
Registered
96LX-RIP. 98 Forester L
548 Posts
count me in. im not in the market for one of these. but when i get around to looking for one ill know where to look

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Just wanted to bump this again. Also, if a vendor sees this, how many people would have to be interested for you to consider a project/group buy?

·
Registered
Black '01 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
387 Posts
OP have you tried reaching out to some of the vendors on this forum? Maybe Bakemono Imports could do something like this. I think if someone would bring this up to a vendor we might get further than just hoping they stumble across this thread.

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
OP have you tried reaching out to some of the vendors on this forum? Maybe Bakemono Imports could do something like this. I think if someone would bring this up to a vendor we might get further than just hoping they stumble across this thread.
I pmed Bakemono...no response. If other people want to PM other vendors be my guest. I'd love to see this get off the ground.

·
Registered
2000 RS
58 Posts
The ebay ones would be a last resort for me. I like the looks of the DEFI one alot as it scoops over to shadow the gauges from sun glare. The ebay ones dont, they look cheaper to me as well...thats all IMO, not to offend anyone who has one. I just picked up a 2000 rs and have been looking for the dash one, but no such luck. So if this does happen depending on price i would def be down for 52mm dash pod. Unless I stumble on them somewhere, if I do I will be sure to post.

41 - 60 of 301 Posts