Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 WRB WRX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are a couple threads out there on this subject and I have read through some of them quite a bit but I just want to get a better grasp on the subject. I need to do a gas tank in my girlfriends 2000 2.5rs coupe. I know it's an extensive project and I know how to go about doing it. But I just want to get a positive answer. From what I've read a 2002 WRX sedan gas tank is a direct swap into the 2.5 RS. Can anybody make a positive confirmation? All input and ideas are welcome thank you for any advise. :)

·
Registered
2002 WRB WRX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thank for the quick response! Looks like I'm going to be having fun this weekend ha.

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,762 Posts
Don't count on it. Impreza from 93~07 are practically interchangeable from drivetrain to suspension.

·
Registered
99 Impreza RSTI
436 Posts
up to 07 will be a direct swap. One thing to note, if you are going to replace the fuel pump assembly, 02+ has a slightly different pinout on the connector coming from it.

The easiest thing would be to reuse your old one, or you can rewire it.

Alex

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not worth it to me to go through all the hassle with fuel pump assembly and rewire harness. There's no performance gain for N/A with more trouble, I'd swap only if swap WRX engine to my RS.

·
Registered
634 Posts
bumping this thread for input. will a gen 3 legacy tank fit my GD? the B4 tanks are 64L :D

(the gen 5 legacy tanks are 70L so i'd swap one of those instead if it'd fit...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts