Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS Auto 4 Door
505 Posts
Just spent 2 days on the Thunderbolt circuit and I will advise anyone within 5-6 hours to try driving this track. It's no Watkins Glen but it's fun, close and FAST!

It's a momentum track with high speed sweepers and a LONG front straight (indicated 120-125mph into the braking zone for turn 1).

The only downside is it's so new there is no grass so it's a big filthy dustbowl in the paddock and runoff areas. Give it a year and the grass will take root and solve the problem.

There are 11 turns and each one is a challenge.

There is also a second track on site called lightning.

Here's some video from Thunderbolt

And Lightning cirucit.

·
Wiring Guru
01 RS, 97 Ducati
357 Posts
I have yet to race on Thunderbolt but Lightning is really fun too. The lightbulb turn is a blast, tap the brakes and turn in and keep it pinned. During my race I was running through there with the back end hangin out at about 95mph. There was an old school Mini right there with me that was going through sideways at the same speed. Lots and lots of fun.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
damn, three hours away. i was hoping for maybe an hour or two south and i could be a regular there... but three? iffy.

Chris

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey how did you get on that track? racing with an organization or do they have open days? I've recently come upon a R-STi that is gutted with a cage and I'm looking for legal places to race it

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS Auto 4 Door
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lew, just blew the head gasket on the M's motor. Needs some head and block work. Done for the season, but will be back faster in the spring.......

Calaboogie is too far for me, sorry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I will back next season with a bmw, building towards bmwcca jp. Maybe I will be able to keep up with you for once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts