Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

fwd non boxer subaru?!

731 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  05subiefan 
#1 ·
#7 ·
who knows as you said on your first post could be a rumor, the picture on that article is a Subaru Exiga which is essentially a rebadged WRX wagon based on the new impreza sedan, with an Turbo H4 based on the new Impreza, and it is AWD. This car of course will only be JDM.

#6 ·
I don't see this happening. Subaru has branded itself around those two ideals, and to lose one here and there (AWD) would be understandable on a few models, but to lose both, on all lines of their cars, would be hard to understand. Maybe one or two new models with an inline FWD or RWD, but to make the Impreza and Legacy FWD and non-boxer? Not if they want to continue succeeding at rally. And their brand image separating themselves from every other manufacturer.

They have the technology to make a gas sipping boxer motor. Hell, they're already playing with diesel.

#9 ·
What amazes me is they won't standardize octane ratings (this would dramatically increase MPG) or try and control the problem at the source (oil companies and refineries). So the car companies are left to deal with difficult and strict emissions rules. It's bullshit. All I know is if we regress back to the crappy shit we had in the early 80's I'm kicking somebody's ass.

#18 ·
i think it was but their motto or sales pitch since then when they put boxers in all their cars is that it lowers CG and makes the car safer and all that, if they go back to traditional engines then aren't they technically making a less safe car by the standards they have held for years saying their layout was safer?

#16 ·
i care. if it aint awd and boxer, its the same as the rest. if you bought your car because it looked cool then alright but most people but subaru cause they are different and offer unique features. i know alot of cars say awd of some sort nowadays but they are setup like a truck with a transfer case. i think subaru's design is way more efficient and thats how these cars get the mpgs they do or the awd works as well as it does.

f*#k it, im trading my subie in for a corolla.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.