Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
98 RS Blk Coupe 5spd
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys... newb question!

I was wondering for a GC, if you put the fuse in the FWD slot... does it make the suby better for drifting?

·
Hoopty King
2000 BRP 2.5RS/1994 Legacy SS
876 Posts
Well...
Driveshaft's still connected so it'll still be painful to your Center diff to rip the e-brake. And without the e-brake nor power to the rear wheels it'll be really hard to brake the car out.
Plus, if you're trying to really drift an Impreza, you have the wrong car.

·
Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,439 Posts
you need the powell to the wheel when you drifting..that why ppl using RWD car to play around not a FWD..

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
of course it will work as long as you're good at drifting while in reverse

·
Registered
12 Posts
fwd cars dont drift.. dont try it unless you feel like understeering into a curb

just get a sexxond rwd car theyre cheap

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
that is a newb question, but i give him credit for asking at least

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
fwd cars dont drift.. dont try it unless you feel like understeering into a curb

Not true at all...theres plenty of FF drift cars, some are good enough to compete with the RWD gods.

Dont ever pull your fuse to drift...buy a honda if u want to FF drift...

·
Registered
88 XT6. 2.7l H6, 4.11 5MT
565 Posts
oh, they will. master the Scandinavian flick....and anything is possible.

but I wouldn't recommend it. I put my poor loyale in many a ditch doing that.

and this was when it was FWD and front ebrake :banana:

·
Hoopty King
2000 BRP 2.5RS/1994 Legacy SS
876 Posts
A FWD "Drift" is more like a powerslide than anything else. As long as the front tires have grip and the rears are out you can keep it up for quite a while on the right surface. Almost impossible to do without an ebrake, unless you put sticky tires on the front and donuts on the rear, but that's not cool.
<- Old Impreza was FWD only.

·
Registered
2001 RS 2.5
640 Posts
in 2nd take a turn that gives you room and start in the turn at high rpm and left off and start the turn and then get back on..... track use only. This is a let off drift as it transfers your weight to your front and makes your ass take the turn faster than your front. Find a local autox and thats your cheapest and safest route.

·
Registered
98 RS Blk Coupe 5spd
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Isnt the nissan 240 sx and toyota AE86 FWD and aren't they popular for drifting?

·
Registered
2.5rs 2000 STM
611 Posts
Isnt the nissan 240 sx and toyota AE86 FWD and aren't they popular for drifting?

really?

were you serious?

anybody have a sign for this guy?

j/k no they are FR... the corola after sometime late 80's the corola became fwd

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Manual conversion + welded center diff = RWD scooby = Drifting fun

Some guy did it a while back, videos are on youtube.

Step one in your drifting training would be to buy a manual car. Auto's dont drift so well as they like to shift mid-corner and that leads to bad things. Subarus do slide really really well, but not in auto form, and usually on dirt or snow. I like snow. Snow is good...

The funny part is that you say you have a 5spd impreza... in which the FWD fuse doesn't do anything... at all...

Go find some dirt and practice sliding. Your car doesn't have a rear LSD, so it'll be good practice to learn in your open diff. When you upgrade eventually you'll be all "woah" and then you'll be t3h dorifto superstar!

Or go buy a 240/FC3S/FD/Miata/Bimmer/RWD car

1 - 20 of 31 Posts