Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 RS Blk Coupe 5spd
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently switched my suspension from tanabe coil overs to sti ver 7. The day after we finished switching, I noticed that the FWD light comes on for brief moments.

Any ideas? Some suggested it could be fuse...

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
impreza base!
780 Posts
so you must have an automatic huh? if you pull hte fwd fuse for the automatics it will turn ur car FWD. so I'd guess a loose or crappy fuse? or a lose wire or sensor of some sort?

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
It's actually the opposite - you insert a fuse to enable FWD mode. Check to make sure there's not a fuse in the the fuseholder.. it's usually at the firewall in the engine bay, close to the wiper motor (it's not in the fuse boxes).

·
Registered
98 RS Blk Coupe 5spd
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked fuse box and there is no fuse in the FWD slot.... hmmm

·
Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,439 Posts
i learn something new today..i never know what is FWD look like.so if i put in a fuse in it.i can make my car FWD..that save gas..

·
Registered
98 RS Blk Coupe 5spd
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it okay for the suby to FWD all the time since it was designed to be an AWD?

·
Registered
impreza base!
780 Posts
I'm not sure how much gas you'd really save. you have the rear drivetrain causing all of that drag still, and auto subys are FWD bias anyways.

and the intent of the FWD was for towing purpose.

thats weird... I didn't think any manual subarus even had a bulb for fwd light

·
Registered
98 2.5RS ~ EJ257D Hybrid
864 Posts
Guy I sold my auto tranny to said he saved a lot. I was told the auto c-diff is completely electronic so it can engage/disengage easily... the FWD and AWD transmissions are quite similar in design though, although I'm sure long term exposure will increase wear in the front

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
I'm thinking it's a 98RS thing. Mine is a 5-speed (always has been) and it has the FWD light as well.
Right after I bought the car I kept thinking I was seeing it come on... I later realized it was really just the sun glaring on it making to appear to light up.

·
Registered
98 RS Blk Coupe 5spd
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't seen the llight come on anymore.. I guess it's no biggy. If it does... I'm saving some gas!

Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts