Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS stm
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think that our 2001 and under RS's will have like a "collector car status" or a vehicle that is actually worth something in a few years (like 10+)? I think that would be really cool and i just dont want these vehicles to turn into just another pile of "rusted old car" in a given junkyard. Either way I want to keep it for a looong time

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
GCs are already pretty rare as it is. I could see them viewed as collector status, especially with subaru's turn in customer focus. Their new cars dont exactly appeal to the same crowd.

·
Registered
2003 rs2.5 BRP
831 Posts
well look at myhobbes25.....

he's driving a 1984 celica gts.....

i think you have a ways to go before you can sell your mint gc for 150k on barrett jackson :D

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS stm
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
im not looking to get 150k... well the money would be nice lol
it would also be nice to have a "rare" car, which i think gc almost are as i see very few of them especially the RS. maybe its just my area

·
Premium Member
2011 Impreza WRX
565 Posts
hopefully one day they are, but I'm not getting my hopes up... and if it does happen to become a six figure car... or even over $50k or I'd sell it... by the time I'm done with it it'll probably have like 20-30k invested so thats why I'd need a lot to sell my baby

·
Registered
04jbp STi, 93L+01 RS, 08 zx10R
478 Posts
it is a collectors car, just for a different crowd. Like the crowd that cant afford 22b's, p1s, 911 porches and other cars of the like.

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
I can see where the argument is coming from though, pretty much all the RS's i see (gm's and gc's) are all selling for way over their blue book value.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
79 Posts
I don't know about a "collector car" status but as the years progress there will only be less of these cars on the road & available for sale. In turn, the value of them will go up in the years to come with in the "Subaru Enthusiast" community. I do not think that (KBB, NADA, etc) will recognize this though. Only time will tell...

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
747 Posts
But then at the same time you have really crappy cars like the delorean (which ran pretty bad i hear) but were styled nicely.. that is somewhat hard to find, and worth a good amount if in good condition..

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS stm
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya they werent really designed well either being all stainless steel and all lol.
i do believe that subaru enthusiasts will really value them in a couple years

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
ya theres a black one at the dealer i got mine from for $10,500 black GM 115k miles
linky: http://www.weddesauto.com/view.php?id=58
i paid i beleive like $7.8k for mine 85k on the ticker brand spankin new z-rated tires from there about a month ago.
Damn. This car has the same amount of miles as mine does. I bought mine for 8,000 with 93,000 miles. So I am guessing I would be able to make a profit by selling mine?

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS stm
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i really dont know whats so special about the one in the link i posted. so selling yours for 10k probably isnt going to happen lol i think they had that one for quite some time now

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
i really dont know whats so special about the one in the link i posted. so selling yours for 10k probably isnt going to happen lol i think they had that one for quite some time now

That's what I was thinking lol.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
How many Japanese cars from the '70s and '80s are really considered classic/collectible/etc cars? It might happen in Japan or Europe, but I don't really see it happening in the United States.

·
Registered
1999, OBS, Green, EJ22
291 Posts
I think the cars of the 80s and 90s, in general, don't hold near the "collector appeal" that the cars of the 50s and 60s did. In 1998, a 68 Camaro was a prized find and almost worshipped by people if in cherry condition. In 2008, who could give a flip about an 88 Camaro? I think one mass produced car from the 80s that has held it's collector value very well (as it should) is the Buick Grand National.

Now, that being said, as far as a non "sports car" in the sense of a Z or a Vette, I think the little RS will be seen as a collectable car. It'll never carry a price tag like a 57 Chevy or anything, but it will hold respect in the automotive archives. Honestly, I think it'll end up with more respect than it had when new.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
I doubt they will. When it comes down to it, they are just hopped up compact cars. To a small crowd of enthusiats, they may be valuable, but I doubt their price values will rise.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
667 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts