Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I ended up getting this strut bar with my latest irresponsible purchase of rusty Subaru junk. It seems to be a genuine OEM part, but I'm not sure. I pulled it from a 1998 Impreza 2 door RS if that helps.

Anyone know what the worth might be, best way to restore it, and if it's really genuine or not?

Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I believe it was an "oem" bar able to be purchased from some dealers. Ive seen them sell for somewhere between $150-$200 on here IIRC. Youre mostly paying for the name as a decent ebay strut bar can be had for like $20. This design is better because it clears top mount intercoolers for turbo applications.

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
58 Posts
Accurate post Silverbullet! IS it possible to restore them????
Restoration is most certaintly possible. I have never dealt with restoring carbon fiber before, however I imagine it is a similar process to what I have seen people do to CF hoods.

The joints and strut caps are aluminum. They can be polished up (I like Mothers MAG polish) or resprayed in a aluminum silver.

The stickers are also replaceable (ST99800ST050). Will have to source overseas or via eBay as it is not in SOA Parts distribution network.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts