Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 PSM WRX, 1999RS Black
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short I installed my rotated turbo kit and drove my 2002 WRX around on my base map. The car drove fine for a few days and I had to take the car to an exhaust shop to get an adapter made for my downpipe. Drove the car back home and shut it off. That evening I got up under the dash to wire up my oil temp gauge. I wired it all up and put everything back together. I turned to ignition over to let the fuel pump prime like I always do before I start the car and did not hear my walbro fuel pump whine like it always has. The car wont start at all, it just turns over. It ran fine prior to me installing my oil temp gauge. Is what is the first place I can check to see why the fuel pump isnt turning on? Is there a fuel pump fuse on my car? I need some suggestions on what to check. Thanks a lot guys

·
Premium Member
97 L, 13 WRX
1,537 Posts
I think you already answered your own question.

I'd check your install on the temp gauge to see if you bumped anything or even uninstall it to see if that makes a difference.

And I'm not sure if your car has a fuel pump fuse, but that would be easy to check.

·
Registered
2002 PSM WRX, 1999RS Black
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I havent hooked the actual temp sender up yet, I only installed the gauge and made the gauge light up. I ran a seperate 12v source to the gauge and a ground. That is all. Plus there isn't any fuel wires in the harness where I ran the wires. Just doesn't make sense to me unless my fuel pump coincidentally went out right when I shut the car off which is very very high odds.

Update: Fuel Pump Relay has power going to it.
I guess my next step is to check to see if the pump is getting power. That will be tomorrow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.