Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question before I purchase a part. I'm looking to put in a fuel pressure gauge, so I need to tap the line after the fuel filter. I've found these inline adapters that allow a 1/8NPT sending unit to be put into it. Simple as cutting the line, putting one of these guys in, putting the sending unit in and, boom, it's done. So, here's my question.

As the inline adapters only come in 6AN and 8AN, which should I get? I think the 6AN is the one I want for my stock fuel lines, but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AJ

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No need to answer now, I found the answer I needed on the I-club. Somehow I was able to sift through all the slop that pervades that forum now and find the information I needed. Just took some time as the server is slower than the 56K modem at my parents' house.

AJ

·
Registered
300 Posts
You should post the awnser so if someone else needs this info they can find it here:p

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I-club Thread

So here's the basics of it:

The ID of the stock fuel hoses is 7mm.
7mm = .275"

-4 an is 7/32 (.21875") ID and 14/32 OD
-6 an is 11/32(.34375") ID and 31/64 OD

The inline adapters came in sizes -6an and -8an, so I ordered a -6an adapter. I figure a .06875" differene in diameter will just mean a tighter fit between the lines and the adapter. I plan on putting clamps on it anyway to help secure the lines. Hope this eventually helps someone. I'll post pics when I get the chance to get it done.

AJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts