Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen an ass load of answers as to how much cc's the 1.8L injectors flow (220cc, 240cc, 260cc, etc,). How much do they really flow?

Also, can any older Legacy Turbo injectors (side feed/USDM/JDM) fit on 1.8L side feed rails?

Need to know cause I'm thinking about selling my 550cc STi injectors for 380cc-440cc ones. I don't think I need 550cc's for the amount of power I'm targeting. Plus, depending on how much my stockers flow, I'll be dialing down way too much for fuel with 550's.

Thanks, Joe.

·
Registered
1993 Legacy Turbo Wagon
746 Posts
iirc legacy turbo injectors are totally different from any that I've seen. Want to straight trade for my 440's grey tops?

·
Registered
414 Posts
04-06 STI yellows will plug directly into your L rail with no modification. They are a direct fit.

However, you can send your L injectors off to be modified, if you want an 800cc injector, which you dont need.

·
Registered
1993 Legacy Turbo Wagon
746 Posts
joejoe69 said:
I've seen an ass load of answers as to how much cc's the 1.8L injectors flow (220cc, 240cc, 260cc, etc,). How much do they really flow?

Also, can any older Legacy Turbo injectors (side feed/USDM/JDM) fit on 1.8L side feed rails?

Need to know cause I'm thinking about selling my 550cc STi injectors for 380cc-440cc ones. I don't think I need 550cc's for the amount of power I'm targeting. Plus, depending on how much my stockers flow, I'll be dialing down way too much for fuel with 550's.

Thanks, Joe.
Picture time!

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
yes the legacy pinks fit in the 1.8 fuel rails. I swapped out the ej22t fuel rail in place of my ej18 fuel rail, direct bolt up.

from what i understand, the legacy turbo injectors are flowed @ 370cc's but when maxed out can flow up till' 440.

the 380cc injectors are jdm and are from the ej20k motor i think..

id trade you now man but i dont want to send you mine until i know they work. i hate being screwed over and i told myself ill never do it to anyone else unless i have to in order to eat or something. my car should be together really soon so i will let you know, for sure!

but in all honesty, if you're using good engine management like the emanage blue they 550s can be compensated for.

right now the legacy pinks are more then enough for probably 12 psi but im only running 8 for now, but eventually i want to crank it up. i suppose i could use a RRFPR but i dont want to run the injectors maxed out, so the 550s are needed for me.

·
Registered
GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
4,973 Posts
Legacy turbo injectors should be good for at least 15 psi on a TD04 or smaller turbo on a 2.2. A large turbo may push these to thier limit & beyond.
As for the 1.8's injector size, I do not know but I flowed a stock top-feed 2.2e green injector @ 262cc so I'd assume a little less than that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
So I re-read your post and you already have STI yellow tops? That is perfect. why would you sell them? Just dial them back with your EM. I don't really get going smaller, especially when they are a direct plug-in. Tuning is the answer, not a different part.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
because even if i dial back 50% of 550cc, wont i be still running too rich? and coming from an engine that uses injectors that are not even half of 550cc's. and i forgot to mention that i'm using a vf11 turbo. i'll keep the injectors for now until i might upgrade to a bigger turbo.

joe

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
joejoe69 said:
because even if i dial back 50% of 550cc, wont i be still running too rich? and coming from an engine that uses injectors that are not even half of 550cc's. and i forgot to mention that i'm using a vf11 turbo. i'll keep the injectors for now until i might upgrade to a bigger turbo.

joe
no its been done, 550 is like the max you can go though as far as scaling.

emanage blue can scale back injectors up to 150% bigger, according to the manual i have. (not sure what kind of e/m you plan on using but i know for fact the emanage blue w/ the injector harness can do this)

but if u still wanna' trade, im down :)

·
Registered
1993 Legacy Turbo Wagon
746 Posts
shhhhh! :) Very interested to see what you're going to do, especially since I've seen pics of your car. Don't worry, sti sidefeeds are a dime a dozen, just too lazy to go thru the trouble of selling the 440s. How about doing a td04h or a td05? that vf11 is tiny!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mxpunk said:
no its been done, 550 is like the max you can go though as far as scaling.

emanage blue can scale back injectors up to 150% bigger, according to the manual i have. (not sure what kind of e/m you plan on using but i know for fact the emanage blue w/ the injector harness can do this)

but if u still wanna' trade, im down :)

i have the apexi neo (+/-50% fuel), s-itc, aem uego, and egt gauge (not installed) right now for EM. enough for low boost, say maybe 7 lbs with the stock wastegate on the vf11. i wouldve gotten the emanage but i don't have a frickin laptop to tune with. :letitout:

as for trading, i'll probably hold on to them for now and let you know. like i said, i might be upsizing sometime eventually to a td04 or something, and if its still okay to tune down for the while with the neo. but 370cc's sounds easier for my current setup. what do you guys think?

thanks,

joe

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
i suppoe the 370s would make things alittle easier but the best thing to do in my book is to get the greddy blue & a laptop along with the ignition/injector harness

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i thought so too about the 370cc's. i'll be pig rich with 550cc's. you know what? i'm down with swapping too. anytime, lmk. it's still in the box packed up and ready.

joe

·
Registered
GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
4,973 Posts
Do not think a changing to a TD04 will make a huge differance, because it will not.
The TD04 is also a tiny turbo that flows only slightly more CFM than a VF11, some folks will not even call it an upgrade.

I have run a VF11 @ wastegate boost on my Legacy Turbo EJ22T (boost solenoid bypassed) & boost was about 5-5.5 psi.

The JDM TD04's from the EJ20G's with the 90* inlet flow more than the USDM TD04 / VF11 & is a small upgrade from those turbos, but for a 1.8T a VF11 will provide more than enough boost to blow the motor!
Legacy Central has alot of info on these turbos including the flow chart that I have seen floating around in here.

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
joejoe69 said:
i thought so too about the 370cc's. i'll be pig rich with 550cc's. you know what? i'm down with swapping too. anytime, lmk. it's still in the box packed up and ready.

joe
ill let you know as soon as i know they work. i hate scumbags and liars and told myself ill never be one.

you know, i could just try them out in my wagon to see if they run

1 - 20 of 28 Posts