Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've got two questions for the guru's on here. First off, I'm changing my fuel filter, and I've got 2 of these FILTERS from a friend, both in box and whatnot. I was wondering if I could use them in place of the OEM one. I've like to mount them lower out of the way since my bracket is beat up a bit. (with hose clamps, not the spring style). Any issues with them? And is it ok to run 2 of them in a row? Lastly, I assume that the fuel runs from big end to narrow end?

Second question is related to the wiring diagram for a 2002 impreza RS. I'm using these: 1, 2, and 3. My issue is that I got a heater code for the front o2 sensor. I replaced the sensor and I got the same code right away. I'd like to check the wiring in my car as it's all new. I'm not sure which pins to check though.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 2.5RS
60 Posts
First off, if you are just doing daily driving, why would you want two fuel filters in a row?

Second, as far as the O2 sensor issues, your not the only one in that boat. My 03RS has the exact same code as well as the P0420 that they are famous for. I haven't had mine for very long and I am still getting used to the boxer engines but I can tell you from my experience with working with Subarus as a guy behind the parts counter (O'Reilly, Napa, etc.), I am constantly printing out sheets for catalyst and O2 codes. Not sure why, but Subarus seem more-so prone to them then other makes. Best thing to do is have a mechanic with a full scan tool (like the massive Snap-On tablets) take a look and see where the code is being triggered rather than just seeing what the code is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts