Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When should I change my fuel filter? I have an 01 RS and 40k miles on it... Yea I know its alot of miles. But I have not changed my filter yet but I do all the other mantaince on it.... So can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Balls

·
Registered
92 Legacy Turbo
44 Posts
I think that is one of the things they change when they do a 30k tune up. Or at least they should for the ammount they charge...anyway if you've had the 30k tune up you should be good I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stu

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have never had it in for a tune up. Never had the plugs change either but I do oil and everything my self. And when should we change the tranny Oil? I have a M/T.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Check your owners manual, it should list all the suggested intervals for changes. I had my tranny and diff fluid changed at ~10k miles, but I know that is far short of the recommended interval. I just figured that iff the engine needs break-in time, and sheds little bits of metal durring that time, the tranny and diffs probably do, too. Might not have been necessary, but it was good for peace of mind, and couldn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
all that stuff (plus brakes, air filter, etc) should have been done at 30k, unless you drive hard like i do, hence i did mine at 24k. the fuel filter is easy. its right in by the washer fluid resivour. the lines can sometimes be a bitch to get off, but pliers, a towel, and a friend will solve the problem. and don't worry, not too much fuel comes out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dam, Well looks like I know where this check is goin to go. And does anyone know about the tranny fluid? I do drive hard and even harder then I should. But like I if you don't drive hard then don't drive at all.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
yeah, tranny and diff fluid are at 30k as well. if you're doing it yourself, i strongly recommend using redline 75W90 since you drive hard. its good to take care of the drivetrains on our cars ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts