Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,273 Posts
Hiway I got 26mpg, city it's avg 17-22mpg.
EVO3-16G-8cm turbo on hybrid 22T/205 WRX swap transferring power via JDM STi DCCD 6spd.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
624 Posts
I was getting about 300 miles to a tank with my na rs. I finished my 05 wrx swap a few weeks ago and I'm averaging about 260 on a tank now (93 oct stage 2 tune). Keep In mind this is a newly swapped car so it's hard to resist the temptation of a heavy foot lol. I have a feeling if I kept it out of boost I would get considerably more mileage per tank

·
Registered
2001.5 Audi S4 Vast stage 2
919 Posts
You can get great gas mileage with a swap, but the truth is you won't because you'll be busy driving it harder than normal simply because its swapped :)

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
This reminds me all too much of the person who buys a Ferrari and wants to know what a tune up cost ~ Fuel mpg sucks... but you go SOOOOoooo fast!

I just finished a drive where I was hammering at 4K to 6.5K rpms for 155 miles. My NA fuel mileage? 22.5 MPG ~ and there were plenty of turbo cars that were sucking 16-18 MPG and got there no sooner then me!

·
Registered
E30
41 Posts
2000rs with US Sti V8 swap, standard bolt ons (intake, full exhaust,IC piping etc), 255l pump, 850cc injectors,APS lower intake manifolds,19psi map on UTEC,6sp stock gearing, stock size rolling diameter,curb weight of about 2700.

i always seem to get 22-24mpg in DD duty i.e. going to work, avg 80mph on highway everyday, heavy spirited driving about once every other day. driving over 120 about once a week.

But on 10hr road trip i averaged 27.8 mpg, average cruising about 80mph highway. i was kinda surprised. guess it could be worse though

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
04' 2.0 usdm wrx swap. Cobb "stage 2" As switch stated at first it was hard for me to not floor it around town. I'd get around 21 mpg driving around town. At most I've seen 23 mpg still driving normal not actually trying to save gas. I'd still romp on it here and there or when needed. Worst I got was up at my buddies farm house hitting the back roads I got 17 mpg. On the way back from there (2 hour trip) I filled up right before I got on the turnpike and right when I got off. With my friend (a little over 300 lbs) my trunk and back seat filled with our stuff, and doing a steady 80-100 mph because I wanted to get home I averaged 27 mpg on the cobb off the shelf fuel economy map. So if you want to get good gas mileage you can. If you want to get crappy mileage you can. Just depends on how you want to drive.

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes driving obviously has a huge impact but i wanted to get a feel for what range one could expect based on behavior, and was pleasantly surprised. i dont drive to get a specific fuel economy and i wouldnt buy a ferrari and then complain about how much gas it sucks.. i drive conservatively the majority of the time with some consciousness of fuel economy and then get on it quite a bit sometimes, fairly bipolar. the main point is that apparently the wrx/sti drivetrains attain basically the same fuel economy as factory 2.5 rs's. this is good news for someone who likes to drive (fast) and has a strong consciousness for environmental responsibility.

was really surprised at the highway economy..

thanks guys

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
yes driving obviously has a huge impact but i wanted to get a feel for what range one could expect based on behavior, and was pleasantly surprised. i dont drive to get a specific fuel economy and i wouldnt buy a ferrari and then complain about how much gas it sucks.. i drive conservatively the majority of the time with some consciousness of fuel economy and then get on it quite a bit sometimes, fairly bipolar. the main point is that apparently the wrx/sti drivetrains attain basically the same fuel economy as factory 2.5 rs's. this is good news for someone who likes to drive (fast) and has a strong consciousness for environmental responsibility.

was really surprised at the highway economy..

thanks guys
The weight difference helps us out a lot. Really it's not that bad.

·
Registered
2000 RS/WRX Stg 2
249 Posts
i was getting about 300-330 miles per tank with the 2.5

after a swap to a '04 WRX motor, i was getting about 260-280

for some reason after going catless and stage 2, im back up to 300-330.
i was told my gas mileage would be worse after stage 2, but the tripometer doesnt lie.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Swap mileage, lol

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I never understand why people just look at mileage per tank. It's never going to be as accurate. All you have to do is take your mileage and divide it by the amount of gallons you put into your car. Takes me 5 seconds while I put the pump back on the handle. Some people take it to the extreme and write it down even but I just like to see what I get to how I drive.

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was getting about 300-330 miles per tank with the 2.5

after a swap to a '04 WRX motor, i was getting about 260-280

for some reason after going catless and stage 2, im back up to 300-330.
i was told my gas mileage would be worse after stage 2, but the tripometer doesnt lie.
was that 260 with it completely stock? or possibly in need of a tune (that the stage 2 essentially provided)?

·
Registered
2000 RS/WRX Stg 2
249 Posts
I never understand why people just look at mileage per tank. It's never going to be as accurate. All you have to do is take your mileage and divide it by the amount of gallons you put into your car. Takes me 5 seconds while I put the pump back on the handle. Some people take it to the extreme and write it down even but I just like to see what I get to how I drive.

it's pretty much the same if you fill up all the way, and fill up when you're at the same point on E. i just figured it'd be easier to state how much im getting per tank.

post swap, pre stage 2 it was about 19-21mpg 50/50 city.highway
post stage 2 its anwhere from 20-23.5 mpg 50/50 city.highway

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
I have a 2003 WRX swap with tranny, hubs, everything.

I get about 27-31mpg daily driving it. I get about 370 to a tank (or thats where i fill up) usually clicks just after 12 gallons.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts