Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Reformed Ricer
07 STI, 07 STI, 10 Forester, 03 WRX
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
to you who were on here last night, thank you for your help. i eventually figured out how to connect the MAS on the right way for what i was doing. but now im running much too lean and it will occasionally stall out when i try to slow down or when i rev it a good bit. and past about 3k rpms it just seems to lose all the power i added to it. im thinking maybe bigger injectors, but im looking for a way to fix this now. can i just increase the idle? if i can, how do i do that?

· Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
480 Posts
Ahhh... yeah, the MAF is a very temperamental sensor. Messing up the way air flows through it will mean it gives false readings, and therefor mess up your AFR. It might be possible to fix it with a SAFC or something... but seriously, it's not worth it.

· Reformed Ricer
07 STI, 07 STI, 10 Forester, 03 WRX
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i did figure that out, but it does have a beastly tone to it and the gains are massive past 3,000 rpms. =D

· Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
9,088 Posts
The initial post says you lose power after 3000rpm, which is it?

yeah i did figure that out, but it does have a beastly tone to it and the gains are massive past 3,000 rpms. =D
to you who were on here last night, thank you for your help. i eventually figured out how to connect the MAS on the right way for what i was doing. but now im running much too lean and it will occasionally stall out when i try to slow down or when i rev it a good bit. and past about 3k rpms it just seems to lose all the power i added to it. im thinking maybe bigger injectors, but im looking for a way to fix this now. can i just increase the idle? if i can, how do i do that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.