I'm selling the 2.5rs for $8,000. I really don't know what to price this car at as the prices for these are all over the place. 181,507 miles as of posting.

Anyone whose owned one of these before knows how crappy it is to sell it. I love this car and don't want to sell it, but we currently have six other cars and full coverage insurance, maintenance, personal property tax is a lot to keep up with.

It's completely stock except for the radio and KYB struts. With the exception of the Excedy clutch, Bosch brakes and o2 sensors, and KYB shocks, all OEM Subaru parts were used.

When my friend in California had the car, he replaced the windshield and had the rear window resealed and there's no more water coming into the cabin of the car. At 149,800 miles, he also had SubieWorks in Murietta replace the timing belt. The damaged passenger seat belt was also replaced. I drive pretty slow nowadays and average 27.1 mpg. The tires are getting worn down and have some age to them.

The car is Royal Silver Metallic (color code 792), a 5-Speed, and in decent shape for its age. I haven't had any reliability issues with the car. It's been great. Unfortunately, the car sits outside, so rust is starting to appear on the rear driver's quarter panel and on the roof where the windshield meets. The trunk is starting to rust where the spare tire is as well. I've heard that's from the tail lights leaking, but I don't know. The paint is fading on the spoiler and the paint on the mirrors is coming off. There are dents here and there and I believe the passenger fender may have been replaced at some point. I've never actually run the CarFax for this, so I'm unsure of it's complete history. A fog light has a crack, some of the Depo side lights have condensation. There are some broken interior pieces such as the driver's visor, the dash cubby, some nicks in the door cards, some rear interior trim is loose and rattles. Some of the outside window trim is getting brittle. The passenger side window has some scours in it from the window pad deteriorating. The cruise control isn't working.

I try to change the oil every 3,000 miles (or as close as I can) with Subaru OEM filters and Mobile 1 5w-30. I can't find my old phone which had my maintenance records from before I gave the car to my friend, so I can't remember the dates and mileage of the oil changes and some of the other stuff I did to it.
The rear differential whines at highway speed. It always has since I first got the car in 2016. It's possible the rear differential bearings are going bad.

Here's a basic timeline of the car:
July 2, 2016, 141,000 miles- I acquired the car.
September/October 2016 - I started deep cleaning the car, taking the seats and carpet out.
February/March/April 2017, about 148,000 miles - Replaced the clutch the Exedy. Installed Energy Suspension shifter bushings. Got Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s.
- Transmission and differential fluid changed.
April 12, 2017, 149,420 miles - Gave the car to my friend in California. The road trip was great fun! Car passed smog test.
April 27, 2017, 149,800 miles - Timing Belt replaced, Rear Differential Fluid replaced by SubiWorks in Murietta.
May 31, 2017 - Windshield and Rear Window replaced by VIP Tint & Glass in Murietta.
August 21, 2017, 152,410 miles - Oil Change and multipoint inspection by Temecula Subaru.
November 11, 2017, 154,176 miles - Starter replaced, new battery terminals installed by SubiWorks in Murietta.
March 22, 2018, 157,790 miles - Oil Change, tire rotation and multipoint inspection by Temecula Subaru.
February 7, 2019, 160,861 miles - Oil Change and multipoint inspection by Temecula Subaru.
May 14, 2019, 162,086 miles - A/C system charged and belt replaced, replaced front right ball joint and CV boot by SubiWorks in Murietta.
September 2019 - I drove the car back from California. Stopped by Arches National Park on the way back and had a great time.
September 18, 2019, 165,099 miles - Obtained Missouri VIN/Odometer verification for registration.
September 24, 2019, 165,237 miles - Failed Missouri safety inspection because a hole in the exhaust was filled with epoxy.
October 8, 2019, 165,382 miles - Hole in the exhaust was welded closed.
October 8, 2019, 165,385 miles - Passes Missouri safety and emissions test.
December 24, 2019, 168,798 miles - Oil Change.
June 8, 2020, 171,479 miles - Passes Missouri safety and emissions test.
June 9, 2020, 171,513 miles - Replaced struts with KYB adjustable, new rear brake pads (Bosch).
February 17, 2020, 170,362 miles - Replaced rear O2 sensor.
June 15, 2020, 171,606 miles - Oil Change, differential fluid change, transmission fluid change, brake fluid flush.
April 7, 2021, 175, 961 miles - Oil Change, replaced both front ball joints.
July 15, 2022, 178,520 miles - Oil Change.
July 21, 2022, 178,706 miles - Alignment and passed Missouri safety and emissions test done by Past and Present Auto Repair. I replaced the clutch slave cylinder hose.
October 20, 2022, 181,250 miles - Oil Change.

I found more maintenance records and updated the ad. I'm going to have to add more threads in response to this because I can only upload four reduced pictures.

When I first got the car, I did a pretty good job chronicling my journey with it. fuzzyhead's 2000 2.5RS coupe journal - mousetrap. However, once I got the car back in 2019, I didn't update my journey with the car anymore. Life was busy and I didn't make time to keep up with the journal.

The only trades I may be interested in is a Turbo Miata or a well-sorted manual transmission Forester XT.

I also have it posted on Facebook in St. Louis. Log in or sign up to view.