Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gauging interest on my 2001 2.5RS. It is a good choice for a swap or for someone with more time/tools/space that wants a car they can fix up. The car has 9x,xxx miles on it, and new clutch (incl slave cylinder) as of about 5,000 miles ago, new rear rotors/pads as of about 2,500 miles ago, and recharged AC as of about 1,000 miles ago.

Currently, it burns oil when the car is started after sitting for a while. I'm told that it is probably a valve guide or valve seal, and if I had the space and tools, I would fix this myself. Other than the oil burning, as far as I know the car is mechanically sound.

This is the mod list. All the mechanical modifications were completed by the previous owner around 30,000 miles.
* Ganzflow intake
* K&N panel filter
* SPT Cat Back
* KYB AGC struts/Eibach Prokit springs
* STi top mounts
* STi trans mount
* STi engine mount
* STi short shifter with kartboy bushings
* GFB pulleys
* 2004 WRX seats
* Painted sideskirts
* Coupe wing
* Painted rear spats

The body is in okay shape for it's age. The previous owner lived near Boston so there are lots of spots on the front bumper. The rear bumper was filled and repainted after I got the car, and I had planned to get the front done as well, but I never got around to it. I ended up doing a spray job on some gouged areas. The paint on the sideskirts has chipped in some areas exposing the black urethane underneath, and there is a gouge just behind the driver's side rear door.

I am looking to get a 2009 WRX, and I'm trying to see what sort of interest I get for the car in this condition. I've got a number in my head that I'd like to see, but I also haven't gone to see what I can get in trade yet, so my hopes haven't entirely been dashed. Every time I walk to my car, I am happy to see it. Every time before this I have thought of getting rid of it, I end up fixing whatever has gone wrong and hold off on any replacement. The 2009 WRX has made it really hard for me to justify paying to get things fixed that I can't do myself, so that's what brings me here.

Summary: Lightly modded 2001 2.5RS Sedan in sound mechanical condition aside from oil burning at start time after the car has been sitting for more than a few hours. Body is in okay shape for the age, but could use some paint in a few spots. Great for someone mechanically inclined looking for a good deal, or for a swap.

I am not opposed to having this car shipped, but the seller would have to make arrangements (or at least help me make arrangements, since I've never dealt with shipping a car).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.