Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
01 25RSTI
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD!

Up for sale is a 2000 Subaru 2.5RS with a EJ257 swap. This has been my favorite project car thus far! The car itself has just over 138K on the chassis and pretty much sits at home. Since I drive a co. car all week, I am in need to free up some money for futher projects. So, here’s what I have so far.

Power:

04 STI EJ257 w/ ported VF 39, STI radiator swap,STI harness and ECU/ Ecutek tuned by Scott Seigel, Version 6 STI 5spd ( None RA gear set) Kartboy SS with Ti shift knob, Fidanza flywheel (Aluminum 9lb), Spec 6 puck/ sprung hub,STI SS clutch cable, CAI, Helix Catless uppipe, Perrin EBCS, Turbo XS TMIC, APS BOV (Dual port), Turbo XS catch can, custom ground kit, Turbo XS 4” catless DP, Turbo XS 3” catless DP back exhaust with Noir style muffler (black, sleeper), STI water sprayer w/ trunk tank, Walbro 255 in tank, Top Speed surge tank, Walbro 255 secondary pump

Suspension:

Tein SS coilovers, Whiteline 27/29 sway bar w/ Perrin end links up front, WRX rear sway bar w/ Whiteline rear end links.

Stoppers:

STI front Brembo calipers, Racing Brake front rotors, stainless brake lines front & rear, upgraded 11.5 Racing Brake rear brake setup, master cylinder brace, Hawk pads for the street with back up Carbotecs for the track, Super Blue racing fluid

Rollers:

Rota Torque 17X8, Potenza RE- 070’s

I may possibly be letting go of a second set of wheels that I was going to use for the track***SOLD***

Exterior:

Black housed headlights with HID conversion, OEM fogs w/ amber laminate, STI front lip to include rear spats, JDM bumper beams front and rear ( I do have the factory beams that will go with the car.)

Interior:

Ver. 8 STI steering wheel, Ver. 6 seats front and rear), Defi water, boost, & EGT gauges (center dash pod), Panasonic CD/MP3 player, rear Pioneer speakers

Over the winter the car went to Top Speed for tuning and surge tank setup. Left there to get new hubs and bearing, a performance alignment and scaled. This is an all around car, auto cross, road race, drag, and cruise around! EVERY THING WORKS!!! ABS, A/C, CC, P/W, P/L, P/S, P/sunroof! Mostly all of the mods were done by a Subaru master Tech. No corners were cut to build this car. I can’t say enough about the cars performance!

CONDITION:
ext: normal wear and tear for and 8year old car, few small door dings, overall good shape.
int: light wear to JDM seats,no holes or tears just useage
one thing ONLY wrong with car is the EGT probe has finally died.

I still have the original window sticker and books!
VIN will been given apond request.

***MORE PICTURES CAN BE FOUND HERE...

http://modifiedcartrader.com/search...spx?itemNumber=12953&txt=modified_classifieds

$15,000.00 FIRM ***POSSIBLE PARTIAL TRADES CONSIDERED***

Fell free to email me at [email protected] or give me a call @ 678-559-7350 or 706-508-9307(day time)

· Registered
STi V3 RA VLTD RHD
739 Posts
Up for sale is a 2000 Subaru 2.5RS with a EJ257 swap. This has been my favorite project car thus far! The car itself has just over 138K on the chassis and pretty much sits at home. Since I drive a co. car all week, I am in need to free up some money for futher projects. So, here’s what I have so far.
This was *YOUR* project? Ummmm... no. This car was LatinSkillz car. Not that its not worth what you are asking, but for anybody that wants to know the truth... Vin number is same. Here is a post about it...
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39917&highlight=Latinskillz

Yeah, that's right :) I'm calling you out. ;) Bump for nice car. LatinSkillz built a heck of a car there.

· Registered
01 25RSTI
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This was *YOUR* project? Ummmm... no. This car was LatinSkillz car. Not that its not worth what you are asking, but for anybody that wants to know the truth... Vin number is same. Here is a post about it...
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39917&highlight=Latinskillz

Yeah, that's right :) I'm calling you out. ;) Bump for nice car. LatinSkillz built a heck of a car there.
Ok dude... I never said I built the car from the ground up. I bought the car with a running motor. It may have been put together by Latinskillz back in the day, but when I got the car, it was NOT the same as he sold it originally.

No offense to Latinskillz...The last owner destoried the car and it had to be completly reworked!

When I got the car, the trans had been grenaded along with the clutch and flywheel.The ABS light and Check engine light was on. Carpet was half pulled out messing with the wiring harness, seats were torn and burned. There were NO brakes,4pots were ruined,ABS module was not working,The ONLY things that were worth messing with when I got the car was the body, dirty but in great shape, no rust or damage,and the engine was in GREAT SHAPE,leak down test were spot on! The car had been sitting nondrivable for months.

So, when I say its been MY favorite PROJECT CAR SO FAR, I MEANT IT!

I bought the car because it looked like someone had spent a great deal of time and money in the past to build the thing, Latinskillz, you did a Great job! But, the guy who bought it from you didn't give me much to work with when I got it from him. Even the wiring had to be corrected, due to grounding issues and fuel pump wiring issues. I do't know what the previous owner was doing with it at that time, but it has been sorted out and been perfect ever since.

By the way, thanks for sending me that old thread, now I know who got this car going in the first place. I would have loved to have bought it from Latinskillz when it was first built and saved the money and time it took to get it back to what it is now!

· Registered
STi V3 RA VLTD RHD
739 Posts
Heh. Didn't mean to offend ya... well not much anyway! ;) That is why I made sure to give plenty of props to the car for the pending sale. Good luck with it.

· Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
301 Posts
it's all good man...car looks good though...What wiring issues are you referring to btw? Tranny grenaded? 4pots were ruined? I'm glad that the motor has been running strong though.

· Registered
01 25RSTI
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand and assumed the person who first put this thing together or someone who knew about the car would chime in on it and now you have. I can't see on my work computer the first thread from Latinskillz, but I will check it out tonight when I get home. This is what I wanted when I sold my STI, a light weight, 2dr STI! This is it,and I LOVE IT,... but I need the money right now, so if you got the money or a good partial trade that I can consider, I am listening.

· Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
301 Posts
I understand and assumed the person who first put this thing together or someone who knew about the car would chime in on it and now you have. I can't see on my work computer the first thread from Latinskillz, but I will check it out tonight when I get home. This is what I wanted when I sold my STI, a light weight, 2dr STI! This is it,and I LOVE IT,... but I need the money right now, so if you got the money or a good partial trade that I can consider, I am listening.
partial trade such as a stock aspen white 99 rs with a tick under 100k miles?

· Registered
01 25RSTI
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it's all good man...car looks good though...What wiring issues are you referring to btw? Tranny grenaded? 4pots were ruined? I'm glad that the motor has been running strong though.
O2 wiring failure,multiple cylinder missfire(grounding issue), primary fuel pump circuit malfuction.(wiring to fuel pump and and pin stress,rewired and repinned to fix it).

Failed syncro 1st and 2nd with damaged gears(replaced). heavly distorion to flywheel and completly gone clutch plate(replaced).

4pots cylinder seized lt side, all for rotors heavly worn warped(replaced with Brembo cal. with Racing Brake fronts,Racing Brake 11.5 rear upgrade)
ABS was a reset of bias settings, bad sensor,and a failty grounding point.

Once it was back on the road, I took it striaght to the track with pen and pad and went around the car to find out what it needed to get it up to spec. It got a lot of R&D over this period of time. IE. fuel starving @ just under half tank on rt hand turns=Surge tank, 2 walbro 255 pumps.
2 sets of sway bar combos to get it to turn in and not be unpredictable @ speed.
Brake set up,pads,rotors.
I put in Ver 8 seats and HATED THEM for the air bags and weight, so now it has the JDM ones.
Exhaust Really woke up the tq curve.
STI rad. was a BIG help with track temps.
TUNING, TUNING TUNING! I can not say enough about the tune on this car.

· Registered
01 25RSTI
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Depending on condition of your car, I would go the average of what a stock 99 (or with supporting mods difference) sells for plus the difference of what i'm asking on the car.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts