Registered
2000 Subaru Forester S
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs

Its acadia green which is the rarest 2.5rs ever made. 200-300 in north america

Auto trans

Comes with the original 'Goldies' rims.

Everything on the car works fine. All electrical, trans shifts fine, engine runs great. Idles fine, coolant temp is normal.

Has 189,787 miles on her.

Main issue is the exterior of the car. About 100k miles ago and I beleive the owner before the last one. They installed the windshield wrong and it never sealed right. Rust took over basically. Behind the windshield on the roof is rotted, A pillars are pretty bad too. Both rear quarter panels have rust in the wheel wells and there are a couple holes in the bottom of the car where it was lifted wrong im guessing.

The other day I decided to take the windshild out and have a look at the rust and possibly have the window resealed. Well the windshield shattered and the rust is just to bad for me. I dont have the tools, time, or skill to fix this.

So hopefully someone with some skills at bodywork or maybe just use the car for parts might want the car.

Some recent maintance done
- Oil was changed with synthetic
- Valve cover gaskets and spark plug gaskets changed (no more leaking)
- Brand new battery and starter a couple of weeks ago

Car has an aftermarket keyless/remote car starter.

Has Bridgestone Blizzak snowtires on the gold rims right now. Still has some decent tread on them.

Any other questions just pm me.

Pictures here

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/AmdEmAll/Green RS/

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
Oh wow. That is the worst rust I have ever seen on an RS. I'm very sorry about that. Such a shame. It would be painful to part it out and I don't think you could make much from it. I almost feel like just keeping and driving the wheels off of it is the best and most honorable thing to do to a classic like that.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester S
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to keep it and drive her into the ground but I can't justify having a windshield installed only to have it leak and the rust continue to grow :(

I am thinking about parting her out. If I get any interest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.