Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Impreza L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

1997 Subaru Impreza L 2.2l ej22, awd, rust free, 126xxx miles. This car has proven itself incredibly reliable. I just got home from driving it from northern CO to Florida and back over the last month, probably putting over 5k miles on it in the process. The car didn’t even think about letting me down once. It’s far from perfect cosmetically but it will take you anywhere in the country right now as is. I obtained the car 100% stock and have done a bit to it since.

Motegi MR141 16x7.5 wheels with Firestone Winterforce 2 tires installed 6k ago, new struts all around with lowering springs of an unknown brand in the front installed 6k ago, timing belt was done by the previous owner at 109k, RS style eBay spoiler, RS seats front and rear, driver seat has some tears and the rear seat bottom has a couple small holes but the bolstering is all intact, Whiteline rear swaybar, new parts store radiator, hoses and spark plugs done 6k ago, newish 800cca battery, NRG steering wheel and hub, flocked dash, its not perfect and I scraped it up a little bit upon reinstalling, a-b-c pillars and door panels wrapped in fleece material, once again not perfect but looks decent, cracked windshield, no rear parcel shelf material, muffler cut off, decent chunk of bondo in the driver rear quarter and it’s a Rustoleum rattle can paint job. Not my best body work or paint job but it looks decent and in direct sunlight the car is so bright it’s difficult to see any imperfections. Heat and AC works great, but I would recommend having the AC vacuumed before running it because I just fixed a leaking o-ring on one of the lines entering the compressor. Comes with stock hood, the rear lowering springs and a set of steelies with all seasons if you want them.

Once again this car is far from perfect cosmetically but it’ll be one of the most reliable cars you ever own.

Link to CL ad with more photos Here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts