Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Impreza RS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to my Member Journal.

It all started back in the summer of 2013, I was a huge Volkswagen fan at the age of 16. I was aware of the unreliability of the VW cars, but I still wanted one so BAD! After a month of searching for Volkswagens, I bought a 1984 VW Scirocco. Terrible idea. We did not bring it to a mechanic, I really don't know what I was thinking.

Sold it two months later due to a lot of problems with the car, and took a $300 loss. Fu***** idiot. :blol:

After that horrid experience with Volkswagens, I opened my search to anything.​

Months later, I came across a 2004 RS with 135k on a rebuilt engine. I figured, why not check it out? The guy who was selling is a Subaru mechanic and he had a lot of experience. I brought it to a mechanic and they said it was fine so later that night I bought it for $3500. That's a steal in my books.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Impreza RS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Modifications:
Fabricated 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust

Waiting for the summer to do any serious mods....

Update 01/24/14 - Blew the engine, looking for a replacement. Before you all scream, "EJ20!". No. :p
Update 05/17/14 - It's been a long time, I've been really busy and kind of forgot about my journal. I swapped an EJ257 into it. It has just under 3000 miles atm.

·
Registered
2001 D2 A8L
929 Posts
Invest in a smaller exhaust. You will have better power/response

·
Registered
2004 Impreza RS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was made by a previous owner, I'd like to get a smaller one. What would you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Impreza RS
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ordered a new engine today. Straight from the factory. My mechanic said I should have the car back by the 22nd.

·
Registered
2004 2.5rs-pacifica blue pearl
425 Posts
Awesome that I am starting to see more 04 2.5RS' on the site! I only saw 05's! I though I had the only 04 in existence for a while.

Can I ask why you bought a new engine? Was the old one blown or you just wanted a fresh engine?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts