Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS sedan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have search the forum and have checked just about everything. All fuses are fine. Sidemarkers and rears work, along with interior indicators. I am getting a fast blink on both the left and right side. I have checked with a test light and neither are getting power, I have replaced the bulbs and still nothing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
Did you by mistake plug the foglight connectors into them? They are both 2 pin plugs, and one can fit into the other.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS sedan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it looks like it resolved its self.. Idk what happened but I reset the ecu because it was throwing the notorious p0304 code and well the front signal lights just started working.. Onto the next thing I guess..

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS sedan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I spoke too soon.. Within about a day they again are not working again.. Any ideas about this?

·
Registered
'98 L Coupe
116 Posts
fast blink usually indicates that one of the primary bulbs are blown out, or not creating enough resistance in the system. check your front bumper bulbs to see if theyre blown, or if the wire may be broken.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS sedan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do your side markers blink when the turn signal is on or are they not working either? The wiring diagram says they are on the same power line. Maybe the ground for the front turn signals isn't grounded enough...
Yeah sidemarkers work fine and have always worked fine.. Just the ones in the bumper are not working.. I was going to pull all the bulbs this weekend to make sure there is nothing stupid going on and to put some di-electric grease on all of them to help with any corrosion that might happen..

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Probably some kind of short somewhere. Maybe just get some canned air and blow out all the connectors, then dielectric grease the sht out of them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts