Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2000 subaru 2.5rs 4dr
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my front sway bar came in today. and i threw that sucker on the improvement it gave my car was noticeable instantly. when cornering it does exactly what I thought it was going to do which is stabilize the front end of the car. I also felt it during freeway driving, call me crazy:screwy: but the lane changes felt smoother and more controlled, I also adjusted my RSB to full stiff (24mm) to compensate for the 22mm up front. I highly recommend this upgrade to anyone that wants to correct the snap over steer that your ubgraded RSB gives you, you will feel more confident cornering and the car will feel one with the earth:rotflmao: but on a serious note its an upgrade id recommend to anyone.

here are some pics from today:

· Registered
2000 subaru 2.5rs 4dr
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What swaybar is that? And why dont I get snap oversteer with my RSB? :p
it could be your supporting mods, I have over steer because my suspension is pretty stiff, 24mm rear bar W/rear strut bars and 8k/6k coilovers , I learn to feel when my rear brakes loose and on mainly on downhill turns and turns where my cars weight shifts like a winding road (left to right)

What bar did you decide to go with?
I went with the Rallitek 22mm Front sway bar, i like the design and wanted to try a new company out, I'm very happy with the quality in the bar, and they supply you with greese and washer and polyurethane bushings:banana:

· Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,607 Posts
Hmm. I have a RSB, 18-22mm adj. set to 22mm right now. Is this too big with my stock FSB?I never really looked into getting a bigger FSB. 19mm sounded big enough to me, atleast with my 22mm RSB it seems okay.

· Registered
2000 subaru 2.5rs 4dr
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm. I have a RSB, 18-22mm adj. set to 22mm right now. Is this too big with my stock FSB?I never really looked into getting a bigger FSB. 19mm sounded big enough to me, atleast with my 22mm RSB it seems okay.
the front sway bar isn't just bigger a believe but correct me if im wrong its a stiffer material, yes the size does make it stiffer aswell but, from what it sounds like your car seems pretty well balanced if it feels good to you, than id say leave it as is.

· Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,607 Posts
Ah, I see. So I guess if I ever go 24mm+, I'll have to upgrade to a beefier FSB.
My car is pretty well balance. Whiteline 22mm RSB, stock 19mm FSB, KYB agx struts with P1 springs. Settings to 3f/8r:D

· Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,505 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.