Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys have probably heard and discussed this a hundred billion kagillion times before.. But I guess once more can't hurt. 8)

Does anyone have a good idea as to which front strut bars for the GC8 are the best bang for the buck? Don't want bars that will fold under if used for autocrossing, but also am no looking to spend $500+ dollars for spare parts from an SR-71 spyplane! (STi's Titanium/Carbon fiber bar from Subaru that is... this is a pun for effect no flames please... I just finished eating some beans and broccoli 8). Thanks.

- ScubyScubyDoo

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
I have a metal STi front strut brace and to tell you the truth, since the strut towers are so close to the firewall, it will be hard to tell if there is a difference or not. I heard somewhere that unless you upgrade your suspension, you won't be gaining anything except maybe more understeer. I payed $120 for it new in a clearance sale.

Nick C.

·
Registered
410 Posts
SCUBYSCUBYDOO said:
Don't want bars that will fold under if used for autocrossing,...
I seriously doubt that will be an issue... :lol: If you can bend even a cheap (but correctly installed) strut bar because of an autocross run then I'm impressed... :lol:

I'm running the Whitelines front and rear...hard to beat their prices (unless you look at the no-name "knock-off" strut bars).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts