Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 version6 1.8L turbo 08 WRX
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says my front driver side brake caliper is sticking. ive tried replacing the caliper with a new one 3 times, replaced the brake proportioning valve, the master cylinder, bleed the brakes, bleed the master cylinder and im now out of ideas.

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
The two replacement calipers are also sticking? What exactly are the symptoms.

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
Did you also replace the slide brackets for the pads, as well as the pads themselves? Properly grease the slides?

·
Premium Member
2005 STI , 1998 Outback Sport
206 Posts
did you replace the brake hose? If not try cracking the bleeder open, if the caliper frees up then its most likely the hose.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you replace the brake hose? If not try cracking the bleeder open, if the caliper frees up then its most likely the hose.
that might be the problem. it frees when the bleeder is opened. hmm ill try that

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
If you replaced a "sticking caliper" more than once, I can almost guarantee you need a new brake hose to that caliper.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you also replace the slide brackets for the pads, as well as the pads themselves? Properly grease the slides?
tried
replaced the brake line. looked for pinched lines. i gave up and took it to the dealer.:curse:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts