Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Speaking from experiance, it's probably easier to get the newer bumper beam, and swap the old one out. There is a way to cut apart the stock MY98 bumper, but when it's either that, or taking 4 bolts out, I chose the easier path. :biggest:

So, if you can get the entier kit, including the bumper beam and skin, go for it. Or, if there is a junk yard close to you, you can always look there as well. Might be cheaper, but you'll probably have to get the skin painted. Good luck with it though.

AJ

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
Yeah man, I think the kit is the way to go. I am not to sure though if the price of the kit on subaruparts.com is actually cheaper then all of the parts added to a shopping cart one at a time...? Just a wierd feeling. Anyways, you would still need the foglight brackets and all the other crap. You might want to buy everything separate though that way you can leave out the orange turn signals if you want and get some clear ones somewhere else... or maybe leave off the foglights and spend the same amount of money on some Hella 500s. Just a suggestion.

jonathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts