Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard would it be to move the stock front brakes to the rear? The reason I'm asking is because I am receiving stock WRX front brakes and new braided steel brake lines. It will also give me an opportunity to paint my calipers, without having my car out of service for a full day. Caution sign orange, here I come. :D

I've never worked on the rear brakes in the RS, but how different are they from the front? The emergency brake works by a drum, right? I have no idea where it is either.

Ok, in the engine compartment, I have two brake fluid reservoirs. How do they work? As in, which reservoir works which brakes?

Please help. :)

· Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peaty said:
The rear brakes are very different than the fronts. The emergency brake dosen't clamp the caliper but there is a small set of brake shoes inside a drum that is part of the rotor I believe. So the rotors are different. Unless you want to do w/o an e-brake
The e-brake is all I use when I'm stopped.

So, to put different sized rotors on the back, i'll have to redo the e-brake? Sounds like too much work for an underskilled enthusiast. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.