Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after hoarding parts for little over five years I decided to finally get off my A$$ and install them. The majority of the parts are cosmetic but there are some functional parts in there as well:cool: So after 3 weekends of work, on with pics
Before pics:

And now the After:

The only things lacking exterior wise is a v6 grille, v6 or p1 lip, and a v6 Carbon spoiler. I figured I'd work on the exterior first as the parts are a little harder to come by than say suspension or engine parts.
The mod list:
Seibon CF oem hood
JDM Fog covers w/modidfied brackets
JDM Tails
JDM V6 rear bumper w/spats
JDM Aero mudguards
JDM Metal fueldoor w/ realease hardware
JDM Goldies (on loan :rolleyes: )
JDM Rear window and wiper
JDM Power folding mirrors w/ switch and modified w/USDM bases
JDM V7 steering wheel modified w/02wrx back cover and 01 cruise
JDM Pedal set
The infamous JDM hazard switch :rolleyes:
JDM V5 limited seats
JDM CF Strut bar
JDM Carbon fender badges
Sti blue carpet and black mats
Redline goods shifter and brake boot, with armrest cover in black and blue suede
8k hid kit w/ led bulb corners,makers, LP, and interior
Modified Rallispec lightbar w/4 Hella 500 wide lamps
Clear corners,markers and turn
Apexi cat back w/ cobb hangers
Cobb CAI
Thats it for now, I still have a few more mods to do and finish up some that are on the car, but you know how that goes.

Special thanks goes to everyone here on RS25.com that has done one or all of these mods and sells the parts to do these mods. With out your knowledge and and help it would have taken alot longer to get my car where I wanted it to be. Thanks again, enjoy the pics and comments are welcome :sunny:

·
Registered
2001 STM 2.5RS
165 Posts
verynice! with your power folding mirrors.. what exactly did you do? i was going to get a set, but i remembered the differences of lhd and rhd..

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cleofis said:
verynice! with your power folding mirrors.. what exactly did you do? i was going to get a set, but i remembered the differences of lhd and rhd..
Thanks for the comment :) On the mirros you have to swap the USDM and JDM bases,which helps out alot on the positioning of the mirrors but does not quite fix the problem totally. I drove around for a week with the JDM bases on and found out that my mirrors were useless untill I put the USDM bases on. I think I still have to swap out the glass to get the mirrors to view correctly though.

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
I have those power folding mirrors haha. I just needed them for RHD but I never looked up the switch or electronics to actually get it to fold. I suppose I'm just lazy.

Nice car, great transformation. I obviously have some work to do.

·
10 years in the game
'14 BRZ SWP ltd
1,385 Posts
Looks nice. I am glad to see someone else out there with the rear window and wiper. I also like the seats and rear bumper. you must know some body becuase some of those parts are hard to come by. i know becuase i also have alot of the same parts you have it was not easy to get them.

·
You can't see me!
bon 12
4,923 Posts
LoL, just having the parts sitting around would have driven me crazy but putting them on all at once definitely gives you the "complete make over," feel. Car looks awesome!

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jdm25rs said:
Looks nice. I am glad to see someone else out there with the rear window and wiper. I also like the seats and rear bumper. you must know some body becuase some of those parts are hard to come by. i know becuase i also have alot of the same parts you have it was not easy to get them.
Thanks for the kind words, I still need to buy the wagon stalk, run the plumbing,and install the wagon washer tank to get the wiper going (its still a work in progress). As for the obtaining of parts , I've just been lucky that the parts are avalible when I have the cash. Thats why I started on the exterior/ interior first, alot of those parts are hard to come by.

JC said:
Total hotness man, I love the light bar.
Yeah the lightbar gave it a totally different look, I bought a used Rallispec lightbar and I didnt like the way it mounted to car (mounting between the bumper and grille and rubbing on the bottom of the bumper) So I went to a local Aluminum welding shop and the built a new one from polished aluminum and moved the mounting points so it wouldnt rub. When I get my lip I'm taking the bar back so that I can have a lightbar and lip combo :devil:

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
static_rst said:
LoL, just having the parts sitting around would have driven me crazy but putting them on all at once definitely gives you the "complete make over," feel. Car looks awesome!
Thanks Static! The car does look and feel new, and it did drive me crazy seeing those parts in my garage day in and out :noes: . Thats why I said F it and started to get the ball rolling. Now I just need to sell my truck so I can do a motor swap and put these on

Then start design on an audio system and suspension work :)

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
guitarthrasher13 said:
Let me know if you want to get rid of your stocker 6 spokes! PM ME IF YA WANNA
Sorry,no sale. My goldies are on loan from another member and the longer they stay on the car the more I want to keep them :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts