1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
APC now brings you

the LED windshield wiper aero fin!!!

anyone see these
i saw some in pep boys the other day....

there's like 3 led's on the fin, and it attaches to your wiper blade..

i have one of the non LED's, painted black primer, but that was purely functional, bad wiper float at high speed...

anyway there seems to be the 3 led's and i bet when combined w/ the led washer nozzles they just lookk absolutly hideous

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Those windshield washer LEDs are bad enough. Some things just shouldn't be messed with, but then again... if there's a market for them then let them prosper. Pictures?:barf: :)

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
Damn man. I was just thinking though, if we didn't have products like these on the shelfs, we wouldn't have crazy ass ricey cars to make our cars look different by comparison. It is kinda wierd, but the more people that try to rice out their rides to make them stand out, the more the less aggressively modded cars begin to stand out. I am proud to have a nice ride that doesn't have a fukin ugly ass bodykit, a melon launcher, or 20 horsepower worth of stickers.

werd!
jonathan

·
Registered
01 2.5 RS
110 Posts
Yep, the less flashy your car is, the more it stands out and makes peole wonder why you are so inconspicous. The less money on the outside means theres more on the inside.
Dan:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
NEWS FLASH jonathan and all u other people who dont think u drive a rice car----->>>> if you're driving a 2.5rs, you're driving a "RICEY CAR", its from japan so i dont know why u r hating on "RICE" or "ASIANS" for, your friggin 2.5 rs basically has a front imitated bodykit, theres just no matching back kit. and oh yea, that comp. screen u looking at, and that keyboard ur using, and oooo almost forgot, those shoes you're wearing, were probably all made in an asian country. so rice that!

I rest my case.:D

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
Haha, a lot of people indeed do drive cars made in Japan. My car happens to have a very mild front end (version 2 bumper), not much of an imitated bodykit at all. Even if I did have a version 5 or 6 bumper, I think the large foglights are more functional then dressup.

What I meant by ricey wasn't where the car was made (I don't think my mom's corolla is ricey), but rather a car that is unusually modified to such an extent that it stands out from the factory built cars, somewhat freakishly. Such modding could include, overly-exagerated bodykits, disproportionately sized tailpipes, and neon lights reminiscant of alien spacecraft, at least what it looks like in the movies.

I don't think I hate on ricey cars, but I won't say that I am not amused by them. The appreciation one has for checking out a completely ricey car is similar to the appreciation one might have for a ridiculous circus act. For whatever reason though, I don't get that same hilarious feeling when looking at my car, that I do when I look at many of the other cars I see daily around town/school.

Regardless of all of my personal opinion, there is of course nothing wrong with modding your car to my definition of ricey, and even though I can't withold my own thoughts, I respect people's own sense of creativity that they display, colorfully and robustly, through their cars.

jonathan

·
Registered
26 Posts
alrite yea, i would have to say i agree with you that some cars are just plain ugly how they mod it but "ricey" i think has become too much of a national term to define wacky-crazy looking spacecraft cars. i guess it just seems more like a racial slur than anything else.

so i guess if a car is stock...umm...i can call it whitey, "damn that car is whitey!"...ahhh i see, o--kay

:p

·
Premium Member
98 RS - RIP
563 Posts
j's2.5rs said:
so i guess if a car is stock...umm...i can call it whitey, "damn that car is whitey!"...ahhh i see, o--kay
:p
lol, yeah we have a few whitey cars/trucks around here too. I understand where the racial association with the word ricey came from, but actually many cars that I see which I would call ricey are not driven by asians. Ricey is surely a poorly chosen word, but maybe it has to do with the fact that a lot of the flashy dressup car parts originated from and are most popular in asian countries. Of course as you said, so did the cars. Go figure.

jonathan

·
Registered
09 Legacy spec.B + 01 2.5RS
476 Posts
durrr
"ricey" or "ricer" has nothing to do with the driver's nationality.

the term came about because if you've noticed, it's rather prevalent amongst Hondas, specifically Civics, which have long since been referred to as "rice powered" or "rice rockets", primarily as a joke against the earlier Honda models, which the engines produced about as much power as a car would which is being powered by rice, which is the "racial" part if you will, as rice is a common food where the cars are built. Now, you can argue the accuracy of rice being a "racial slur" if you'd like, but to take it as an insult is just silly.

The term is simply extended now, because the modifications which originated in civic land have passed on to domestic, and other cars, and people wanted a simple term to encompass it all.

Tada

Don't take it as an insult, you'll know it when someone on a forum is insulting you, in fact, it's quite often lamented internet lore.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there's much debate over the origins of the term rice, i prefer the rice powered story that the exhausts on the small hondas made them sound like they were running alcohol with the high pitched loud whine that they produce.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts