Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs BRP
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
friend of mine locally wrecked his 04 STI. I've ben wanting new carpet for while and maybe doorcards. Pretty sure the carpet will fit but will the doorcards? Will they bolt up and how do the window things work? Possibly would the steering wheel swap?

also what other parts would be a good direct swap? Maybe the Rear sway bar, wing possible or no? Just lemme know what you guys would recomend we swap, i dont have alot of money so i cant swap his brembos n expensive stuff like that.

·
Registered
2016 Golf R
219 Posts
I heard that they bolt up, but there's some spacing issue. Dont take my word for it though, I'm sure someone who's tried it can chime in.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,079 Posts
is the motor ok? please tell me it is. and please tell me he's selling it. and please tell me he's selling his rims which are unaffected also.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs BRP
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hes keepin the major parts of the car intact IE the engine for insurence purposes. He has aftermarket wheels.

Im really thinking about possibly giving the STI interior a swap. I've always ben clueless on the dash cluster, do the miles change or how does that work when you transfer it over to other cars? Do those generally bolt up?

EDIT: NVM did some seraching and im talkin to a person who did a STI interior swap

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs BRP
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no. hes just doing this locally making some small side cash. hes not interested in dealin with dem foreigners

·
Registered
2005 Acura NSX
1,056 Posts
If you have a WRX swap then swap your turbo for his. Swap your intercooler for his. Carpet like you've mentioned. Seats are a given since they're so damn easy. Trunk carpet, steering wheel, e-brake handle, intercooler sprayer system. Since it's an 04 brakes as well. There are so many little parts you could take and nobody (outside the suby community) would be able to tell. All I have to say is your lucky you have a friend who crahsed his car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts