Fred's Mock 22B brighton coupe

15K views 93 replies 21 participants last post by  FredxDay 
#1 · (Edited)

Most recent photo:

original photos from when I picked my car up

See less See more
#4 ·
towed and pulled

It's been a good and long day. first we went to a junkyard to kill some time, found a ej22 block and pistons some one already pulled from an outback that are all in good shape, didn't even bring tools and ended up leaving with a new block for my hatch.

then we head out to drop that off at lenger racing to get some work done to it- shortly after we head to my friends- uncles house to get ready for the tow. got it all hooked up, unloaded and made a phone call.

a new member here was looking for a trans, we spoke before hand and planned to pull the trans and rear diff and got it sold day one so make way for new things to come.

#5 ·
door cards, cluster and junk oh my

went to the junk yard the other day and pulled some parts I could use

got four door cars for my wagon since they never came out the way I wanted them when I first cut them up. two roof racks and a cluster with a tac since the Brighton doesn't come with one.

fit my NRG wheel on I've been holding on to for a long time now.

I wanted to modify the cluster after I got it in, forgot about the ugly green color it had so I pulled all the skins, after work today I picked up these bulbs we started selling a few months ago, thought it was worth a try instead of using LED's

before

after

I only bought one pack since I wanted to 'see' if they would work the way I wanted. I'm about half way to that point. I'd like to try and clean the backs of the gauges off but have not decided if I really want to risk pulling needles, I'd rather keep the spedo working and not find out it's broke later.

#9 ·
painted my tail lights. very pleased. decided to go with this over spending cash on jdm tails since mine are good, so not excuses to blow the cash. would have ended up blacking these out but I decided im probably going to end up painting the car white.

all for today :)

#14 ·
so I've deicded to do something different with the project. its going to be slow going since I've got alot of bills Im trying to catch up with and more that will ensue.

as of right now, I bought a hood and new bumper at LKQ salvage, now Ive got the hood I wanted and another updated L bumper.

went to another LQK and found a grill and the fog light retainer/filler for the bumper since some one beat me to the OEM fog lights :(

got home, mocked everything up

being please with what I'm seeing I went ahead and started trimming the bumper to fit the front mount

had this gauge piller laying around a few years so I decided to go ahead and get that installed today also. nothing hooked up obviously. but it looks good

now Im just waiting for some other small things to come around to do while I save some cash.

now knowing evo brembos with small modifications will fit, I got that to look forward to. talking with a friend about wiring and advanced ignition for an SR20 and looking for some wheels.

more to come eventually!

#16 ·
so plans for this car had been up and down. I recently walked out on dramazone. they wanted to send me back to a store I had to drive 16 miles to both ways with no pay raise and low hours. 15 minuets after I left I got a job offer working at a tire retailer RHD tire. now Im making some real cash and this project will really start to take shape soon.

KYB AGX struts will be ordered by the end of the week, then I'm on the hunt for the perfect set if springs. just picked up a set of motegi MR7 wheels for dirt cheap. once I know I got a SR in on order I'll be able to pick up some Advan A048's AT COST. :)

got some lugs on order in-advanced since my Muteki acorn's won't fit. time to go back to slim lugs.

#20 ·
fenders all came in today. was killing me because i was at work till 6pm- had a friend wait for the ups guy to come to inspect the package and he showed up at 10am

got home and test fit the pannels.

before and after

#21 ·
fenders all came in today. was killing me because i was at work till 6pm- had a friend wait for the ups guy to come to inspect the package and he showed up at 10am
so jealous. I'm waiting on mine RIGHT NOW. took off today just so I can be here to inspect and get them put on....

BUT they decide to make me wait a little bit longer and not get here early. its 1pm and i'm dying. how come your front is silver and rear is black? shouldn't both be black?

also.. did you figure out what you're going to do with that sunken gas lid? I'm actually killing time by coming up with all kinds of dumb ideas to make get it flush but so far no luck.

#24 ·
It does require trimming. Not much worry there. I fit some wheels with 2" spacers to test fit. Had no real issues. So once i get the casand i got a motor in ill be ordering a set of advan wheels and tires at work.

Also to answer the other question- im shavig the area around the gas lid so it opens freely, but thays about it

#27 ·
Ah I must have missed the caption. Yeah I figured out a way to get the gas lid to work. Also went the spacer route.. Mine came out pretty even on both sides. Running 245 tires now but that's bc that's what I had already on the car but going for 265 next season for track use on some 17x9 wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.