Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,712 Posts
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Since I bought the car in February, yesterday was the first time I drove it.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
With some help I finally got the boost controller working. It helps when it's plugged in! Tomorrow I will find out if I can tolerate the screamer pipe or not.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
first off, screamer pipes are freaking awesome! it wasn't nearly as loud as i expected.
second, this blow off valve is the bane of my existence, I bought a vacuum pump to test it and it took about 30 in.Hg vac to open.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
well, today I had the first thing break on my car. the wastegate flange broke off at the weld. My heart almost stopped when I heard the clunk and suddenly the exhaust got really loud.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
getting the header welded was a much smaller ordeal than I expected. The car was only out of commission for about a day and a half.

so I just filled the gas tank and apparently I'm getting about ten miles a gallon and It's not running rich. I'm a grandma driver, so it's not because of my driving. Is there some noob thing I've overlooked that causing it, or is that just what to expect?

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I looked over the forum and most people with similar builds are getting around twice that.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I went to Boise over the weekend and went to every junkyard i could find. in total there were 3 out of 13 that had any Imprezas made before 2002. No 2.5 rs's of course, and only one had any usable parts. I was going to head to Spokane because a junkyard up there had a 2001 rs that I could scavenge. turns out they sold the whole car to someone. I just can't catch a break. In the end I got a rear bumper, so it wasn't totally wasted.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Since I got my car I've known that I wanted to eventually swap everything into a coupe shell. I got a lead on a decent shell in Seattle that the guy wanted to get rid of asap. I got in contact 2 days too late and he had already scrapped it. such is life.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts