Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I sadly got into an accident and totaled my RS. My airbags went off, and it most definitely didn't start or move after I wrecked. After it got towed, here are the photos of what it currently looks like:

Tomorrow, 05/29/21 We are pulling out my engine and transmission as one unit. We are following the engine removal guide by Joshua in 2007. I don't know if you'll read this Joshua, but thank you so much for that walkthrough!

As you all can tell my frame rails are absolutely borked.
My question revolves around frame compatibility. There is a $800 2000 outback sport on FB marketplace. I tried looking everywhere for frame rails, and I could only find the radiator support. We were planning on using the Outback Sport as a donor car. There is also a carbon copy of my RS at a pick n pull. I was wondering if anyone here knew if worse comes to worse we could chop the front off of the outback sport and put it on my RS?

We are waiting on estimates from frame shops, and in order to fix the damage it'll be about 4k. does this mean they'll either fabricate or buy the front end for my car?

Thanks for your guys' input!

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
919 Posts
An 'Outback Sport' is really an Impreza with the outback treatment the Legacy's get. I would be very, very surprised if that OBS doesn't have the exact same frame rails. Keep in mind, the Outbacks have spacers between the chassis and the crossmembers/subframes, be careful when measuring things out.
I'm sure if you document the process it will be greatly appreciated by many.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An 'Outback Sport' is really an Impreza with the outback treatment the Legacy's get. I would be very, very surprised if that OBS doesn't have the exact same frame rails. Keep in mind, the Outbacks have spacers between the chassis and the crossmembers/subframes, be careful when measuring things out.
I'm sure if you document the process it will be greatly appreciated by many.
Thanks so much for your comment! My friends are really great, and they're pulling it with a tractor right now to get it on even ground. we'll totally try to document as much as we can!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts