Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
BRP '01 2.5RS 4EAT coupe
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found

I would enjoy having a second set of wheels for my 01 RS to make the summer/snow tire swapping routine easier. I don't care about cosmetic issues as long as the wheels are structurally sound and safe to use. Local pickup would probably be best. I'm in the Lehigh Valley, PA area. I have no immediate need as I will not be swapping tires again until around April or so, so feel free to reply even if this post gets a bit stale. Thanks.

·
Registered
BRP '01 2.5RS 4EAT coupe
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, that is very tempting, but that may be a bit farther than I want to drive. Plus the traffic around NYC has always scared the crap out of me. :/

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
i have a complete set in great shape with good tires, what are you looking to spend.

i'm in the NEPA area

·
Registered
MY00 RS/STi
955 Posts
Thank you, that is very tempting, but that may be a bit farther than I want to drive. Plus the traffic around NYC has always scared the crap out of me. :/
I'm in Yonkers, there's no nyc traffic around here. Was just giving you an idea of what I'm near. If you decide to make the trip just Pm me. It's about 2 hours from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
BRP '01 2.5RS 4EAT coupe
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a complete set in great shape with good tires, what are you looking to spend.
I've been having a surprising amount of difficulty finding any information online about the resale value of these wheels. My gut feeling is that I don't want to spend more than $400 for the set, but I'm not sure if that's reasonable or not (I'm referring to wheels only, not with tires). I'm going to be back at the Subaru dealer in a couple of days to pick up my car, so I'll ask them how much they would charge me for new ones. That will at least give me a point of reference, assuming I don't die of shock.

Also, a set in great shape would be an upgrade for me. Mine look like they've been gnawed on by the Rodents of Unusual Size.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Outback Sport
266 Posts
Several months ago a wheel refurbishing company was selling a perfect set for 111.00 each. I'd use that as a high water mark. These wheels are old now, & really not that rare. I've paid up to 75.00 each for really nice ones, & as low as 35.00 for curbed rims. Getting someone to ship them is always a hassle, but you can convince them to go to a UPS store, the nice people there usually make it super easy. Good luck on the search.

Sent from the Pleiades...

·
Registered
BRP '01 2.5RS 4EAT coupe
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just called my dealer, they want $560 each. :screwy:
Just talked to the parts dept guy at my dealer... $375 a piece. Although that's a lot less than $560, it's still not happening. He also gave me the name of a local place, PMP Auto, that might have used ones, so I've sent them a message. I'll consider an hour or two drive for a set of these things later if I don't have luck finding them locally first. Thanks, everyone.

·
Registered
01 rs coupe, 98 forester L
20 Posts
I have some 15 inch steeliness. but u can come get thim for 100 buck obo .. I'm in TN tho .rims good jut bad tires

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS
79 Posts
I would stay away from PMP. I paid $3600 for a WRX Powertrain over a month ago and I still have not gotten word about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.