Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found an impreza in my area. Headgaskets and timing belt replaced at 75k when a piston went bad. He said he went ahead and replaced part of bottom end of the motor while he had it out. 115k on it with some damage to the front, looks to be about a 4 inch hole more or less in the front lip from a car backing into it. Theres also an exhaust leak he said below the drivers side door. He wanted $6500 but he said $5000 would do. 5spd, clean carfax. I'm a college student so I don't want to spend $5000 but I don't want to lowball either.

Whats your opinion? To much or not worth looking at?

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
Ied say worth looking at, at the least. I dont think 5k is a bad price for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you ever heard of the exhaust leak issue? I'm not even sure if it will pass emissions.

·
Banned
1994 Aegean L, 1998 Panda!
718 Posts
How does anyone even know of an exhaust leak? I mean no sensors go off... Also, what does a drivers side leak mean? A hole in the driver's side floor or the left side of the headers?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,436 Posts
The leak could be coming from anywhere. Is it completely stock?Or does it have exhaust?or what. If he has a cat-back the exhaust leak will be coming most likely from the flanged of the cat to mid-pipe section.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
thats alot of work done. but i guess if it was dont over 30k ago its all good. ask who did the work, and for the receipts. look at car fax again and look at the miles/date. see when he drove the car alot. winter? summer? all the time? you can learn alot from stupid stuff like that

just to tell you about my car, its from texas, it had 63k on it and i got it 7500. the carfax is clean and i saw that the car was once in NC and he put almost 10k miles on it in like 3-4 months. so it was all highway miles. and the next dates, he put like 5k on it in like 2 years.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
Finding a decent RS for a decent price usually takes a while. Dont settle!! Get exactly what you want! Dont pull what I did and are still bringing the car back up to par from a owner who didnt keep up maintenance! Just stick with it, and you'll find one. Look out of state as well, theres lots of them out there, just be determined.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts