Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about not getting the WRX swap anymore. It costs about $7000+. Instead i might just use that $7000 to upgrade my car and get a turbo. Im not sure if they sell the VF34 as turbo kit for my 2.5RS. When buying the VF34 it just comes as a turbocharger right? If it does come as a turbocharger what would i need to make it a full complete turbo kit for my 00 2.5RS? With the right tuning i know i could get it to at least 230hp.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Dude the VF32 is a huge turbo for the RS I think you would pushing way too much PSI for you internals, specially if are not planning on any management.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
yeah, for that kind of money get a T3/T04 ball bearing unit. quick spool and good for around 300 bhp. or you could just go with a standard T3 (IIRC that's what was used on the ludespeed kit). that's real good too for the kind of output you're looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HOW ABOUT AN EJ20 TWIN TURBO ENGINE WITH LOW MILES ON IT FROM JAPAN? INTERESTED? THEY ARE CHEAP (ABOUT $2000.00) COMPLETE WITH HARNESS AND ECM. HARNESS IS A REAL PAIN IN THE ASS TO INSTALL BUT DO-ABLE. I OPTED FOR THE MOTEC SYSTEM WITH LAMBDA CONTROL AND I EVEN HAD THEM THROW IN A KNOCK SENSOR COMPUTER (FROM A V/W) TO ELIMINATE DETONATION AND A FUNNY LITTLE FUEL TRIM SWITCH SO THAT WHEN THE HOOD IS UP IT DEFAULTS INTO A SMOG LEGAL MODE. YEAH ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM RAN $3500.00 BUT IS WELL WORTH IT BECAUSE MY LAPTOP CAN TUNE THE CAR WHILE DRIVING (NO STOPPING AND FIDDLING) IT EVEN RUNS THE AIR DOOR FOR THE SEQUENTIAL TURBO. WAY SUPER COOL. POST YOUR CONTACT INFO IF YOUR INTERESTED.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
B4 IMPREZA said:
HOW ABOUT AN EJ20 TWIN TURBO ENGINE WITH LOW MILES ON IT FROM JAPAN? ...
First, dude, turn off your caps lock.

Second, the EJ20 TT engine does not fit in left hand drive cars, so you have to have a right hand drive car ... or do major work on relocating the steering column to get it to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts